Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Gender Neutral Fitness Tests

Roger.
So,why is ' deserter' saying there are women in the Scots Guards?

Because thats how the BBC introduced her in their piece, i knew it was wrong but i just assumed they were right.

i note now that it has been corrected but it did say she was Scots Guards.

Last edited:
Roger.
So,why is ' deserter' saying there are women in the Scots Guards?

It seems they are falling over themselves in this quest for PC BULLSHIT.

Army to introduce gender and age-neutral fitness tests

"Speaking at the Army base in Aldershot on Friday, Lance Corporal Nicola Cotton of the Scots Guards said the move was “really positive”.
“People underestimate females in the British Army. I think it is about time we upped the ante and make it equal and not make allowances for gender or age,” she added."

ps i look forward to cripples, asthmatics, the blind, septogenarians and god knows what joining up next,...its like noahs ark now if i was in i'd be leaving my boots at the gate tonight.

i look forward to our army one day facing an enemy that will actually fight back, its going to be seriously humiliating watching this once respected rough mans army that has now been turned into an Army cadet force for adults of all shapes and sizes being marched into prison captivity.

Last edited:
This may sound like a silly question but why is the ban on women serving in combat being lifted before the new fitness tests are introduced, is it because there is more chance of getting some through with the current standards in place?

The opposite. The decision was taken to introduce women into the combat arms, but the numbers passing under the old fitness test would have been too few so they had to introduce an easier one.

How is the buckshee Brigadier making snarky comments in Soldier mag supposed to tear into those of us at abbeywood who have the audacity to complain we don’t have access to a Gym?

“You can do press-ups and sit ups anywhere, you don’t need a gym” no longer cuts it :D

Neither will the average "he" either, of course.
Example: there are plenty of trades, units or disciplines in the military who get lost in the worst case (usually also the most ally) potential of the job, and so focus their kit, recruitment, training and chat on that. This sounds, to a degree, sensible: except that it often means that the normal running elements of the job, which they actually do day in and out, and which may be the most important part, get ignored. The result is that they are great at stuff they never do, but less than spectacular at their core job. The classic example is recce type units who spend all their training time on contact drills, and little to none on recce skills. There are others.
Fitness is like that. Training to the ultra worst case scenario all the time just breaks people. Tailoring it to reality is a sensible approach.

Drag Handles. Average "she" won't budge a body much the easy way either.

UK/Commonwealth Recce? Perhaps. It certainly wasn't US. We were actually in the woods, doing the job, and avoiding contact.

Who ever trained to "ultra worst case scenario all the time?" I'd dare say even the majority of "arduous courses" never get anywhere near "ultra worst case scenario," and they definitely don't last all the time. Yearly or twice yearly physical fitness testing and the training to prepare oneself for such absolutely falls well south of "ultra worst case scenario all the time."