Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by udipur, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

I was bored and playing in the wonderfully verdant infofest that is the tinterweb and came across some dodgy site dedicated to my family.

Turns out that all the gurners with their photos on it, purporting to be officers of the family association (like I even knew there was one), are fully badged septics.

So there are lots of photos of Yanks bedecked in Scots attire, all claiming to be direct descendants of McWalt of Outer Bluffenshire.

Have our cousins across the water hijacked your good name and do they trade upon it shamelessly?
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Dear McSir,

That comes as no surprise to me. Our "American Cousins" have a variety of interesting afflictions, including:

1. Enthusiasm for all things Irish [except the beer, which is too strong for their taste], but especially in respect of funding for people back in the "Old Country" still fighting for 'freedom'. ;-)

2. Wearing Tartan skirts, on the premise that it is a jolly good thing and allows the blowing of bagpipes, and marching the streets annoying people with noise.

However, given their polygot nature, I could guess that that the many 'mentally diminished' need to create the false associations.

Respectfully yours,

"Lord xxx xxxxx the Baron of Landmark [Virginia], A Knight of St Helier"
    Sworn and subscribed to before me .... blah blah blah ...
    Patricia A Kerry
    Notary Public - State of New York

3. I need me eyes testing, only came in here because I thought it said Gynaecology!