Gen Nick Carter: Offensive is Imminent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Feb 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I take it that "surprise" no longer counts....

3. Apparently..... :?

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think they all ready know

5. Not when you want non-combatants to fuck off.

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Anyone who runs = Taliban
    Anyone who stands still = well disiplined Taliban :lol:

7. Theres no such thing as a "suprise attack" when the ANA are involved. Their full of Taliban informers.

9. I think one problem is whether the true non-combatants have the option to move out of the way, especially now the Taliban know what is coming. if I was terry I would keep them nice and close to me.

10. No, this is about taking and holding ground and the civilians that live on it. If the bad guys feck off, so much the better, as we won't have to flatten the place and kill a load of civilians. We still get everything we want, and the Taliban who need a habitable base to at least be able to return to once in a while are stuffed. A bloodbath with the Taliban providing the liquid would make a lot of people feel better, and there is always a romanticism associated with a Berlin 1945-esque 'final battle' with the bad guys, but the truth is we don't need it. If they insist, however... :twisted:

11. Exactly --which is why IMHO they will not let the noncombatants leave.

12. Don't forget the French....they are in Bastion too....a French OMLT has arrived there last month with a Kandak, probably for the forthcoming offensive.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=143497.html

13. Agreed 100%

14. I don't think the Tailban will leave either. They can't beat the fresh forces coming, so in the grand scheme of things their best bet is to make this victory costly, and hope it sticks badly in US opinion at home and kills the Crystal plan stone dead. If they do take this line, they'll throw everything they have into this and hope they can coast the rest of the way.

15. Why would the Taleban leave? It's their country after all. NATO will be long gone before the Taliban up sticks.