Gen McChrystal pays tribute UK SF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Circus_Pony, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No love for the lad's in the SFSG ect? :cry:

2. Why? He's talking about UKSF.

3. No reason, thought he singled out the SAS/SBS while there were other unit's involved in the succes of that stuff...I didn't mean to be a dick :oops:

4. Charlie Mike. That is an amazing reflection on the quality and dedication of those soldiers. It's a credit to Britain and western allies.

Not to blow sunshine up anyones rear end, but I'm willing to bet that when the Taliban first thought about being engaged in battle with western forces, they probably thought that they would be fighting soft, weak willed soldiers.

I bet they have had an education.

5. I think the phrase is 'just take the fcuking compliment'...

6. I mean after all, he is just a dumb, ego-centric etc. etc. Septic after all! :D

Heartfelt and well-deserved kudos to all UK forces in theater, "special" or otherwise.

7. I'm sure he means to include the SFSG when he praises the UKSF efforts in Baghdad, can't expect him to mention every unit by name.
    In another interview, I recall him saying that he had made the mistake of drinking with a Scottish Paratrooper. So im sure he knows all about the SFSG.

Not sure i'd agree with him when he describes N.I as a British success at COIN. Hopefully he won't compare success in Afghan by the same measure.

8. " Gen McChrystal, who led the highly secretive Joint Special Operations Command in Iraq, revealed he personally took part in SAS missions to kill those controlling suicide bomb networks in Iraq. "

Is he saying he was second man on the Iraqi balcony :?

9. "" Gen McChrystal, who led the highly secretive Joint Special Operations Command in Iraq, revealed he personally took part in SAS missions to kill those controlling suicide bomb networks in Iraq. "

Blimey - how long before we start having "Is McChrystal a Walt" threads in the NAAFI bar?

10. Thank-you - made me chuckle.

On topic, credit where credit is due.

SF professionalism is beyond any words i can think of, but without each pioneer, craftie, chef, SFSG member, Rifleman, etc that is behind them they wouldn't be able to do their job so well.

I hope Gen-Stanley-McChrystal knows that.

(& before anyone says it, i happen be very proud of my 'crap-hat'! ;))

11. McChrystals career was mostly assigned to Special Operations. Every thing from Ranger bn, platoon leader to Ranger Regimental Commander and US Special Forces A det Commander(7th Group) to JSOC, Asst Div Cdr 82nd Abn Div, etc.

McCrystal has spent the bulk of his adult life with the professional special operations community and can make informed views on the UKSF.

12. But the question still must be asked of him--Does he know the color of the boathouse at Hereford? :D

13. All the Cowes are white and brown aren't they? :p