Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen Cowan's Edict - A Reply

lasimol

Old-Salt
A tad like the conference he attended where they served sarnies and he quite happily ate them.

Apparently there were quite a few sniggers.

I seem to recall one of the principles of leadership was consistency. His subordinates won't now know what they can and can't do. Keep them on their toes though, guessing what is and isn't acceptable, unless some things are good for the goose, but not for the gander.

B

bokkatankie

Flashman was a bit of a boots and spurs chap, never seemed to mind who was wearing them so long as, at least, one was!

We need more Flashmans in the New Modern Army (NMA, in case you need to fit it on to Powerpoint).

I think I read somewhere that Wellington, on returning home, would pleasure his wife without taking his boots off, so there's a nice precedent to be included in orders to officers on how to behave. Before telling them they must sit in between two total military bores next time they visit the mess.
I think that was Marlborough, and it was apparrantly his wife who told the story.
A bit late however.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Da word on de street is that our favourite General is now trying to make all mess's on camp dry.

I don't think prohibition ever worked in the USA either.

D

Deleted 4886

Da word on de street is that our favourite General is now trying to make all mess's on camp dry.

I don't think prohibition ever worked in the USA either.
When did you turn into Huggy Bear?
StarskyHutch-122.jpg

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
He's going to start a new career offering gourmet meals in the desert, because of the.............

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He's going to start a new career offering gourmet meals in the desert, because of the.............

Well I don't think he was looking to organise Beach Holidays for Wiccans

Latest Threads