Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen Cowan's Edict - A Reply

Having worked with two retired Generals in industry (the defence industry), I would say that is normal. Both were referred to by their first names (and one was the corporate President).

I'm actually surprised to see him referred to as Mr Cowan, rather than James Cowan. Unless, of course, he asked to be a Mr...........more formal, you know......
...unless their presence on the Board is for prestige rather than managerial usefulness. Then (viz recent slightly embarrassing Royal Mint adverts etc) it's emphasised. PSC organisations like a bit of rank, too.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I note the HALO Trust refer to him as Mr Cowan. I wonder if that is policy and covers all former officers working with them - anyone know?

Don't go there - it's a social minefield.

QRK2

LE
Having worked with two retired Generals in industry (the defence industry), I would say that is normal. Both were referred to by their first names (and one was the corporate President).

I'm actually surprised to see him referred to as Mr Cowan, rather than James Cowan. Unless, of course, he asked to be a Mr...........more formal, you know......

Esquire surely.

loopintheP

War Hero
Having worked with two retired Generals in industry (the defence industry), I would say that is normal. Both were referred to by their first names....

Agreed, but it's also interesting to see how long it takes the penny to drop....some longer than others :)

I go back a fair way with Mr Cowan and his "rise" speaks volumes about our selection processes....that it took a self inflicted moment of utter arrogance to derail him is also telling.

email to

Perhaps now our senior officers will concentrate on planning to frustrate these fellows

I think they are more suited to sandwich related issues

Latest Threads