• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Gen Butler Complains to Guardian about Lies in Article

General Butler wrote a scathing letter to the Guardian which was published in their letters section yesterday. The letter starts with the paragraph

Your front-page story (Iraq war cost years of progress, October 18) paints a misleading and mischievous picture of what I said at a media briefing on Tuesday. It omits some of my comments and extrapolates meaning and intention from others which is completely false. I did not say the operation in Iraq had cost "years of progress" in Afghanistan; I did not say it had left "a dangerous vacuum"; and I did not say that British soldiers faced a tougher task now because of it.
Full letter here

Many thanks to not_finished_yet for introducing it onto the aviation forum which drew my attention to it..

Edited to include, and thanks also to hansvonhealing who introduced it to the Afghan thread

Shame on you, you read the guniard that's tantermount to subversion!

oldbaldy

LE
Sven said:
General Butler wrote a scathing letter to the Guardian which was published in their letters section yesterday.
When was he promoted?
Last time I saw him he was still a Brigadier.