Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemma Morgan: ‘I could be a good army officer… or a woman’

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Why would they? Separate Corps until 1993?

Eeek! <nowah>
There was one name on there that I was sure was a stacker; I suspect he commissioned RAOC but was one of the first recipients of the RLC award

No probs.
A few years ago I attended a Senior Management course. We were a mixed bunch, smart chaps and chapesses.
I forget the context now, but I pulled that one out during a discussion.
The chaps laughed - a couple of them nervously as they scanned the skies for thunderbolts - and there was the expected sharp intake of breath from the distaff side.
Except for one: exceptionally intelligent, good looking, fit, and a Regional General Manager of a major tobacco company.
She looked thoughtful and said: ‘No, hang on. Tracks is right you know . We don’t prioritise - I’ve just realised I don’t. We get distracted. We don’t see the most important job through before starting on something else.
Tracks, many thanks. You’ve opened my eyes to a big failing.’
I had been expecting brickbats, and getting that response, from a woman, really made my day.
Did you pull after such smooth talking Tracks?

Did you pull after such smooth talking Tracks?
Horny Toad says rubbit.JPG

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
There was one name on there that I was sure was a stacker; I suspect he commissioned RAOC but was one of the first recipients of the RLC award
Could be (who do you mean?) - that list is put together in a very weird way. For example Adrian Taplin was a 2Lt when he received it in 1979 not a Major and we have two Reehals (which is possible - Pat and Patch, father and son but the dates are odd).

Could be (who do you mean?) - that list is put together in a very weird way. For example Adrian Taplin was a 2Lt when he received it in 1979 not a Major and we have two Reehals (which is possible - Pat and Patch, father and son but the dates are odd).
Agreed. Perhaps it’s listing the rank of the recipient at the time of compiling the list, not the rank at which they received the award. Ref the father and son, this is correct

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads