Geeting one over on the ex with the log book

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by brettarider, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. The Ex-slag took the second car when we split up only now I've found I still have the log book in my name. I'm looking at returning it but is there anything I can do to make it hard for her to re-insure it/MoT etc. by saying it's been scrapped etc?
  2. Auld-Yin

    Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

    SORN it. That way is she uses it she is breaking the law. This is of course if you own the vehicle.

    Send her a long letters 3 - 4 pages long, dosn't really matter what it says, but somewhere deep inside say that you have completed a statutory off the road notice. She can't then say you did not tell her. You know the sort of letter, thew type that insurance companies use for their "Important Notices" :D

    She uses car - she gets done - sorted :twisted:
  3. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    Do her for theft.

  4. sounds good to me. Or as sayed sorn it off the road
  5. Being a registered keeper of a vehicle (I.e having your name on theV5 registration document) is not proof of ownership. You can be the owner but not the registered keeper. If however you have proof of ownership such as a receipt or invoice in your name then you could report it as stolen.
  6. You can but you would be wasting your time. She believes she has a right to the vehicle. Therefore in the eyes of the law she is not being dishonest which means there can be no theft.

    One for the civil courts me thinks. Which is a shame as she is probably a snake with t1ts.
  7. BiscuitsAB

    BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

    SORN it least it will do is give her one bfo headache.
  8. Forget about it.

    Do not put yourself in any situation where you could be in the frame for serious offences.
  9. BiscuitsAB

    BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

    Oi. when did you become a grown up?

    On a more serious note, you do need to inform the wankers at DVLA sor NOTIFY them that you no longer own the vehicle if its registered in your name after the recent thread on ARRSE about penalties and such like. Also if its in your name and she gets parking tickets speeding fines your the one that going to get the hassle.
  10. a nice way of ******* her over would be getting a log book loan, after your first few weeks report it stolen to police and loan company, policefind her driving it she is arrested as technically the car belongs to the loan company and u got a load of cash for it, and the car either gets returned to u or if u dont want to pay the loan back u give the car to the loan company either way she looks like a cnut and your left laughing your ass off
  11. Can a new owner re apply for a new V5? She may now be the new registered keeper.

    How long has she been "gone"?

    Stick to riding the scooters and other car buddy. She clearly isn't worth the effort. Or just return it. Or send round some Mafioso types to put her in some concrete galoshes. :wink:
  12. If you SORN it her insurance will be invalid. And if she cripples someone in a crash they'll get nowt.
  13. Get a logbook loan on it, dont repay it and then get it re-possessed by the logbook loan company :twisted:
  14. They can apply for a new v5 but before DVLA issue a new one they write to the registered keeper to confirm the change.

    If you do not reply to them they will issue a new one after a period of time, can't remember how long.

    If you contest it she will not get a new one.

    I feel for you here as it sounds like your ex could be mine, she certainly engenders the same feelings in me.(Just how much can I fcuk her about for the fcuk about she has given me in life).....- not a southern Irish red head by any chance.
  15. Be carefull here If you have not informed DVLA about the situation then I'm afraid you will be fined £80, for startrers, If you have informed them, then you must ensure that they have responded to your information within 28 days or you can get another £80 fine,

    See DVLA con thread