Geert Wilders Banned

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jack-daniels, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just noticed this on the news. It seems that he is a bit of a firebrand but when we've convicted terrorists etc in this country and people who regularly spout anti British venom is it the correct decision?
    Can Cloggie enlighten us to how he's perceived in the Netherlands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7885918.stm

2. I have to say, there is a point there towards the end.

Abu Hamza was rightly (IMHO) arrested and jailed - in part - for being a preacher of hate. Whatever we may think of the contents of Fitna, surely Wilders can have the same accusation levelled at him - ie he is a preacher of hate?

The problem is the film is supposed to be viewed on its own, in isolation of pre conceived ideology, unfortunately, sadly in todays climate that is simply impossible.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Well, its done now. Islam is now and forever off limits. A taboo subject. The Liabour fingermen will come for you in the night if you dare say a bad word.

doesn't exactly sit well with

And its the latter who clearly lead the Gobment around by the nose ring.

It's worth getting your copy of the Qu'ran (I already have been browsing through mine for source material for some time) and brushing up on the Sharia. It's coming to a Labour led council near you soon...

4. The country is definitely on a slippery road when a foreign MP can be stopped from entering just because he made a twenty minute film.

Over the last few weeks we have had politicians explain to us that free movement between EU states is a good thing. Surely this act of banning a fellow citizen of the EU superstate is racist? After all, those workers from Italy and Portugal can come over here and get jobs, why can't a Dutch politician come over for a day to show his twenty minute film?

5. How long before PCSO's uniform is changed to a red shirt and political education begins in schools. Check your units 8005 for a political officer...coming to a regt near you soon!

6. Command_doh

No, this happens a lot actually. If a person is deemed 'non conducive to the public good' or poses a risk to public order or safety, then its a done deal if dozy Jaqui signs off on it. In this case they were clearly imagining mass protests in London when the BBC plastered it all over the news at every opportunity that this clogger was showing his film with popcorn in front of the Lord Haw-Haws. So, in typical knee - jerk pandering (to our ethnic minorities' unruffled sensibilities) reverting to form, they just stopped him coming in.

7. Political education already exists in school. I think that's what they call citizenship lessons or some other nonsense.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

He's viewed as a bit of a sh1t stirrer generaly and not taken too seriously. However the banning has really got peoples back up here, very much a case of I may not like what you have to say but defend your right to say it. The consensus seems to be that the UK has caved into violent Islam, which I tend to agree with. Where I'm using UK to mean the government, the locals here aren't making that distinction though.

9. I know that they can do it for non-EU citizens, but I thought the whole free movement bit of various treaties and EU Directives kind of stymied us doing it to people from other EU countries? I have memories of us not being able to boot out convicted criminals after they had finished serving their sentences because of such, although I could have the wrong end of the stick.

10. Command_doh

I was referring to EU citizens. We do it far more for non EU citizens though, obviously.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Maybe its a daft question - but why did he ask to come? Why not just arrive on the Schipol/Heathrow flight with a DVD in your bag (noting most arrivals from that direction have far more interesting DVD's in their luggage).

When I arrive in UK to activate my network of sleeper agents to overthrown Browns government I will not be asking permission....

12. So in order to placate extremist Muslims this country is prepared to insult one of our NATO allies?

13. Command_doh

There are darker forces at work here. The people who asses you for entry don't just work at the airports. And they liaise with the airlines. And of course, the fact he had been invited by Lord Pearson and was due to present his work to the House of Lords on a specific day and time might have tipped someone off.

14. He was invited by Lord Pearson to show his film in the House Of Snores.