Geeks CAN differentiate between real life & "screen" life

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found on the front page, just under the picture of the lad who went "oriental" in Virginia. Wonder if that placing is coinscidence, is it the same in the paper version? :D

More here

Question is... do they really know. They can claim, but some killings have been suspect at best.

Slightly off topic, the recent Japanese murder of a Brit that mirrors one of those "Manga" comics.

Whilst for many this is a harmless passtime, are there really people out there that get a little too into it?

My bold, is it anywonder kids today are seem to be lazy and of the "play station and pringles" generation?

Their "achievements" involve maiming pixels, rather than actual achievements such as making a treee house with friends, or a kart racer. If they screw it up, they can turn off and start again rather than live with the consequences.

Instead of playing keepy uppy or beat the goalie, they play championship manager soccer (as endorsed by some brainless footy player who should be putting his name to something else).

This report is missing some facts, I feel IMHO>
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I recall reading somewhere, or I was told, that the brain 'records' visual stimuli as real, don't know if it's true but seems reasonable. For instance if you watch Eastenders you know its a TV show, you're aware that its a drama, its not real, but the part of your mind that records it, does so as memory. So when Pat has a heart to heart with someone you record it as a real objective experience without stamping it as a drama. Would go someway to explain why people sometimes seem to act out drama in their own life. I often feel myself thinking that people act as if they are in a drama, well I suppose if their brain has everything they ever watched recorded as real with little real life subjective experience to base their interaction on, eastenders will do 8O