Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty? OR Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by box-of-frogs, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Gears of War 2

2. Call of Duty - Pacific thingy

3. Fallout 3

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm considering my xbox360 options for the forthcoming festive period. Should i get Gears of War 2 or the new CoD??????

I've got CoD4, but have never played Gears. What about Fallout 3?

Decisions, decisions!
  2. All are good games, what sort do you prefer? I had the same question and went for Gears, excellent game tbh.
  3. Not played Gears, have got CoD:WaW and Fallout 3, both brilliant games but it depends what you're after.

For multi-player Call of Duty hands down mate, fixing bayonets and charging into unsuspecting players never gets old.
  4. Buy all three - you know you want to. :D
  5. I have heard Gears of War 2 Is just like the first If that helps at all. Not a bad point really as the first Gears of War was brilliant, but nothing ground breakingly different has been added to the second one - i'll still be getting it at some point though!
  6. I Bought COD WaW on Sunday and absolutly love it. Highly Recommend it.
  7. Not played any Gears. Don't play online. Will i think CoD WaW is too similar to CoD4? Fallout just seems 'different' to the others hence why i thought about it!

Don't think i could get away with all 3!!!!!!!
  8. If your playing Single player then get Fallout 3 or Gears, for a game that lasts along time with a good stort line go for Fallout 3.
  9. For single player defiantly fallout 3.
  10. I too am getting the 360, with the above games from Santa - although been told to get gears 1 before you play 2.
    Fallout3 is far superior on PC if your machine can handle it unfortunatly im stuck witht eh 360 version :(
  11. So you get bayonets in the online version goody their my favourite thing in single player flamethrowers are for tarts!!!
  12. You do Indeed, at first you only get them on the bolt action rifles, but when you get the garand and M1 carbine you can have it on them also.
  13. If i had a 360 i would get COD:WAW but i dont so i cant :(
  14. cod waw is on offer at asda for 27 quid, only found out after i'd paid the full 38 quid though
  15. COD... I finished it and although it was somewhat shorter than i expected I can't see it getting boring for a long long time. Terrific graphics, gameplay and even a great soundtrack. I hooked up the ps3 to surround sound so it sounded like the japs were to my left, my right and even behind.

I especially liked the introduction of mortars to this game... Prime it and throw, brilliant! Gears is great, Fallout is ok but I got bored so traded it, one has to have a high level of patience for that game...

If you buy them preowned you could probably get 2,if not all 3!