Gday all, nice site..

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Goanna, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. G'day all, nice site..

Hope you don't mind an Australian ex-Digger hanging around for a while...

2. Please come in aslong as you can take the flak coming your way lol

3. Welcome, pull up yer dunny, throw a sheila on the barbie, light a dorrie and do something or other with a raw prawn.

Met some diggers up in Butterworth good blokes.

4. Ta...

The flak doesn't worry me....if it gets too hot I'll just mention whatever sport the Brits are Vs'ing the Aussies in...lol..;)

...the last World Cup not withstanding....

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

How about swimming? The Scottish ladies seem to be doing very well at the Commonwealth Games at what you seem to consider one of your national sports.

6. Very true..and more power to them. Competiton is a good thing.

Many of our old guard are nearing retirement, and we have to blood some new swimmers. I think we have seen the last of the "invincible" Ian Thorpe.

7. Just remembered at 664 Sqn AAC LAD REME, we had an Australian officer as our engineering officer (EME) and what a breath of fresh Fosters he was.
    This is Cpl S******* "G'day mate" he would say
    This is WO2 L**** "G'day mate" he would say
    This is Major ? "G'day mate" he would say
    This is Brigadier ? "G'day mate" he would say

Drank like a fish, dressed like a bag of shite but was an excellent officer and a prerequisite for any happy hour.

8. Yeah, your army is a tad different to ours in that regard.

We had an exchange UK Cpl come to our regiment, and just couldn't grasp the informality. The poors guys jaw nearly hit the gound when he heard the RSM calling eveyone by first names and nic names.

But having said that we have our dicks as well.

9. He did change things a bit, everybody was suddenly called Bruce but in true British fashion the OC showing him the proper respect was "G'day Bruce Sir".

10. The 2iC of my last unit was the son of the current Governor General of Australia, and was the most laid back soldier I have ever met. Time was always made to have a drink with the boys.

11. G'Day Goanna, good to see you here.

12. Ta mate, thanks for the heads up.

13. welcome goanna and g,day to you mate. served with some aussie sf on one op great blokes. it was a tri national team. your scared the shit out of the yanks involved and they were green beret bunch of woosies wouldn,t even come for the after op pissup. we got absolutely wrecked with your countrymen. great time had by all. :D

14. I guess drinking is the recreational pass time for most army's. :)

I shudder when I stop to think how much of my yearly income was pissed up against wall with my mates....odddly enough, if I had my time again, I wouldn't change a thing...;)

15. G'day Goanna, and welcome!

Whereabouts in Aus are you? I'm moving to SA within the next 18 months or so.