Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by flamingo, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One casualty of the whole caubeen business that has been ignored is GDav.

I do think he has been shabbly treated. I don't know what the mods on this site are thinking, but it's sad that the troll Moodybitch (she's not even forces or ex forces FFS, just a wannabe) who's only contribution is to throw sh!t has been left to poison the site, and GDav (ex-career soldier) who has contributed much to the site over the time I've been a member can be binned.

It's not very even handed or fair, in my opinion.

Still, I'm now expecting the usual run of cnuts who have come out of the woodwork to start saying I'm wrong (or in the case of Moodybitch, that I'm gay - I mean FFS, that's what 11 year olds say in the playground).

Moderators, it's time to get the site back on track - or decide who is and is not entitled to be here.

This has been a sad few days for the whole ARRSE community.

Edited to add:

Moodybitch - you can kiss my ass. I spit on you and all your kind.
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Only the site Admins can delete/suspend accounts. They wouldn't have done this at the speed they did without contact from him. You will recall he also was threatening legal action on the site, and his outbursts weren't helping his cause.

Being forces or ex-forces isn't guaranteed membership if you totally lose it - remember Flashy, and he's still serving.

GDav has burnt his bridges I feel, for his usual refusal to accept he was wrong (in his defence of the Walt caubeen).
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

His 'this is my thread and only I may choose who posts on it' incident is also very fresh in the mind.
  4. Flamingo.

Gdav wasn't banned for his rants with anyone on the site, he was banned for accusing people of being racist and threatening the COs with legal action.

Its not the first time he has had a run in with the site owners.

He made some pretty sh1tty accusations abotu one of our better mods to me, and if he feels us racist, then perhaps he is a little over sensitive and should steer clear of the site.

Have you ever called an american a septic or a yank? They get some pretty harsh banter here but they have yet to go squealing to the COs threatening to take them to court.

In a series of PMs last night I told him to apologise for his threat and ask fro is account to be reinstated, instead he continued to complicate things and make a mountain out of a molehill.

I never really saw eye to eye with Gdav, but am sure he has contributed and as an ex member of HM Forces he was clearly welcome...... until he made legal threats, with that the COs hold my support in getting shut.
  5. I agree with you, flamingo. I, too, was a bit sad at the demise of GDav, since he really did make very valuable contributions. I can't think why he started a flame-war with Moody, though. Maybe he was having a bit of a stiff time of it in general, who knows?

Anyway, perhaps he'll come back at some time or another. I hope so.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Agreed. Threw his toys about like a good'un on that one.
  7. He did come back as another username and immediatley outed himself by making enquiries about racism.
  8. Fcuk him, he's a throbber. Gobshites like him are half the reason that we don't get many serving RAC lads posting in the forums.

Sorry for being a little basic in my use of the language. If you don't like it, get your walty mate to dress it up in flowery words. We pinged the pompous walting liar ages ago.
  9. Yes, I saw that, MDN. I meant come back as his old self. We've actually no way of knowing if he's experiencing some sort of personal crisis, since a lot of his later postings seemed to be a little unhinged. Perhaps when he's got himself sorted, he'll be back to his old self again. I hope so anyway.

10. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Having sat up until the early hours looking at ARRSE Saturday night, in my opinion (I am Irish, and have served in the British Army), some of the comments were anti-Irish in general not specifically aimed at any member, to the extent that a moderator did have to post a warning. GDav was not the only ARRSE menber to feel that the comments were racist, I did so myself, and I know from PM's from other members that they also felt this.

Moodybitches comments to GDav also did, in my opinion, cross a line from banter to direct insult and continued to push him in a manner that was designed to antagonise him further.

The mod's should have stepped in earlier, instead of moving it to it's own thread which further inflamed the situtation. A bad error of judgement, proved by the extreme haste with which the posts and thread were later deleted.

My view can still be sumarised as:
    1. I personally think that GDav made a positive contribution to the site, and his banning is a loss to it

2. The treatment given to him is disproportionate, especially what the other member involved has apparently suffered no censure for totally unaccaptable behaviour

But, hey, it's a big world out here and I've got to go back into it now. :)
  11. Total over reaction, no one made him respond, no one made him go on the offensive.

I got this from him in PM

Now if you are going to take someone on, do it, don't start it, then run away crying then threaten the people who own the site.

I have no doubt that Gdav is a good bloke and contributes, but why can he not just get on with it, like the other 27,000 members?

12. Couldnt agree more, anyway if he is from Northern Ireland why is he getting his knickers in a twist about a little bit of Irish Banter. I am sure during his time in the army he has been called worse than Gay.

Anyone takes the piss out of me being folicley challenged by the way i am going to sue.
  13. Think you've enough problems being a hammers fan, Baldy. :)
  14. Your for it now Scarleto, reckon i would get legal aid?
  15. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

That was my decision and I stand by it at the time it was taken. They were both behaving like spoilt brats and the point of making it a seperate thread was to move the detritus out of the main thread and give them the opportunity to continue their childish behaviour elsewhere. The decision was based on the knowledge that two ranters on a website will return to the thread they were fighting on and bu66er it up again. This would have been more prominent had their posts just been deleted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.