GCSES

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by reikazen, Aug 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone here done GCSEs while in the army , mine really suck and I want to retake a few while I am serving.There the annoying hole in my education ha.

Could I do them at a local college while I am in the army?

2. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

You will probably find that the Garrison education centre will do evening courses in the main subjects (maths, english etc). You could do a correspondence course or go to college for evening classes. Basically you can do them in your own time but won't be given time off work to do it. That is the general rule anyway.

3. I suggest the first one you take is English, as you've obviously been a failure at school.

4. If you use the 'search' function, there has been recent threads on GCSE retests.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Wrong got a C.its maths and science.But yeah I kinda derped when I made this thread.I do not think that reply was needed you guys replyed so quick I did not even edit my post.

6. Yep did I searched GCSEs in the army, nothing came up but people thinking key-skills would suffice for Sandhurst, which they do not etc.