GCSEs education etc

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ishmale89, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have applied to Join the army as an officer when i finish university, but only have 4 GCSE's that are C grade and above, though I have read on threads that I should have 7?

I have managed to get the equivalent of 2 A's at A-level and 240 UCAS points. I am also currently studying for a business Degree.

My main question here is: will my 4 GCSE's at C and above be a problem if they want seven considering the rest of my good education??? Also I have maths and English but not a science or language at C grade, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. thanks, very helpful :D .... do you by any chance know how many ALIS points you get for each subject grade at GCSE? (i.e A*= A= B= etc)??? thanks
  3. Im in the same boat as ismale89 only I am doing my degree in engineering, have an HNC in engineering and NVQ in Metalwork, would I qulify for officer training? I have been told that NVQs are equivilent to GCSE/A levels and a HNC is higher than A levels but would these be taken as an alternative to the required entry qualifications?