• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

GCSE results

#3
scotlass said:
ARMY_MAD said:
Hey Guys and Girls!

Any one else getting thier results today??

AM
I hope someone is not waiting for their English GCSE.

:p
 
#6
Best if luck anyway, you planning A levels after?

I got my Access/AS results last week and I'm off to Bristol Uni.
 
#7
Thanks, yes I plan to take A levels after, I will find out today if that is going to be or not!

2 hours to go!

AM
 
#8
wompingwillow said:
Access/AS results last week and I'm off to Bristol Uni
Really? Are you sure you don't mean A-Level results? Because I'm fairly sure that Universities will only take people who have done their A-Levels, not their AS-Levels?
 
#9
The_Goon said:
wompingwillow said:
Access/AS results last week and I'm off to Bristol Uni
Really? Are you sure you don't mean A-Level results? Because I'm fairly sure that Universities will only take people who have done their A-Levels, not their AS-Levels?
Unfortunately Goon, some Universities will now take you if you achieve a certain number of UCAS points, rather than grades.
And if the Uni doesn't specify to the contrary, half-wits can rack up a massive amount of AS points to make the cut.
 
#10
GCSE's - bugger you're making me feel old :roll: I recall doing the blasted things in '88.... Is a simple "A" still the highest grade or has Nu Labour felt the need to introduce an A******** yet :D ?

lancslad
 
#11
Oh. Not to offend you, wompingwillow, but does this not devalue and undermine the entire point of University and degrees somewhat, Macks?

Not a good way to go, IMHO.
 
#12
The_Goon said:
wompingwillow said:
Access/AS results last week and I'm off to Bristol Uni
Really? Are you sure you don't mean A-Level results? Because I'm fairly sure that Universities will only take people who have done their A-Levels, not their AS-Levels?
Then your fairly wrong then aren't you!

Access was my main route into Uni ( being a ( their words not mine) mature student), While 3 of the 6 asked for a grade C or above in AS Biology.
 
#14
GCSE talk in the NAAFI

No children in the bar, apart from growed up childrens like what shortfuse is
 
#15
scotlass said:
wompingwillow said:
scotlass said:
ARMY_MAD said:
Hey Guys and Girls!

Any one else getting thier results today??

AM
I hope someone is not waiting for their English GCSE.

:p

Im Scottish so as far as im concerned there is no capital in england....
well nether of us spotted that Any one is all one word, so it's U's all round!


Regarding access:

The main aim of Access programmes is to prepare adult learners from non-traditional backgrounds and under-represented groups for admission to undergraduate education.

A significant number of students entering Higher Education now do so from Access programmes.

The Access Course is very different from conventional courses such as A-levels. The course aims to develop in students the study- and intellectual skills necessary for the type of independent learning which is involved in degree study.
 
#16
wompingwillow said:
under-represented groups for admission to undergraduate education.
It's this sort of thing that gets my goat about Universities these days - central targets get pushed out demanding that X amount of people from obscure group be represented at University.

Why do mature students not have to have the same basic qualifications to enter University? I could understand if they've experience in the area they wish to study at University, but it smacks of more targets being met by moving the goalposts for different groups.
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#17
minister_doh_nut said:
GCSE talk in the NAAFI

No children in the bar, apart from growed up childrens like what shortfuse is
Oh great. Where will I get advice on my spots and how to get ratted on 2 pints of lager? And how I get a media studies degree. Because the world really needs more of them.
 
#18
minister_doh_nut said:
GCSE talk in the NAAFI

No children in the bar, apart from growed up childrens like what shortfuse is
It does give us an excellent opportunity to reminisce about how we thought GCSEs were important and how much easier they are now than when we took them. In fact I remember taking O-Level past papers to prepare for our GCSEs and they were considerably more nails than the exams we ended up sitting.
 
#19
wompingwillow said:
scotlass said:
wompingwillow said:
scotlass said:
ARMY_MAD said:
Hey Guys and Girls!

Any one else getting thier results today??

AM
I hope someone is not waiting for their English GCSE.

:p

Im Scottish so as far as im concerned there is no capital in england....
well nether of us spotted that Any one is all one word, so it's U's all round!


Regarding access:

The main aim of Access programmes is to prepare adult learners from non-traditional backgrounds and under-represented groups for admission to undergraduate education.

A significant number of students entering Higher Education now do so from Access programmes.

The Access Course is very different from conventional courses such as A-levels. The course aims to develop in students the study- and intellectual skills necessary for the type of independent learning which is involved in degree study.
........in other words 'fick fcukers' then!
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top