GCSE Grades

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kyleavfc, Aug 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i recently recieved my GCSE Grades : 14 B's, 2 C's

however, i have taken an interest to Infantry, but my Recruiter at the Careers said as im already going to harrogate, when i opt to change job choice there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they will let me do Infantry with grades like mine, even though it is probably were i will be happiest :(

im currently down for Information Systems Engineer as the job i passed selection with, Heating and Plumbing Engineer, is all full

is this true?

thanks

2. Its possible Heating and plumbing is Full

No one can stop you joining the Infantry

3. who the hell does 16 GCSEs? :?

4. no i took some early in year 9 and 10

and IT is worth 4 and science is worth 2, the exam boards count them all together though

and no my other question was generally changing jobs, this one is an obstacle in my path

thanks for the replies however,

so youre saying that they cannot refuse me entry to an infantryman unless i dont meet the physical standards or what have you

5. no i took some early in year 9 and 10

and IT is worth 4 and science is worth 2, the exam boards count them all together though

and no my other question was generally changing jobs, this one is an obstacle in my path

thanks for the replies however,

so youre saying that they cannot refuse me entry to an infantryman unless i dont meet the physical standards or what have you

6. And still have no concept of spelling and punctuation. :roll:

Grades aren't that flash fella, I've no doubt there are bound to be some lads with degrees. Grow a set, and do what you want to do.

7. Only minimum requirements to different parts of the army I beleive.

The other question is related to the other topic, have some sense and ask for your answer to be clarified, don't start a new thread for every question. I think that's what they were getting at.

While we're going on about GCSE grades; 1 A. 7 B's and 2 C's :)

8. oh yeah i understand, you can probably tell by my post number im relatively new to this site, i was merely a spectator for some time

and i wasnt trying to be flash or anything, just trying to get across why the recruiter said what she did, and i do have a pair, i play with them regularly

using full metal jacket quotes, honestly...

9. You can go Inf. if you want. Just stick to your guns.

10. well i just have an interest in them at the moment, quite a strong one though
    i have no disire to fix computer systems my whole career
    if the plumbing job offer is on the table ill take that as its my 1st job choice

by the way, does your final decision to change jobs have to be one that was in your original 3 job choices?

11. No, it makes no odds.

H&P is a good trade. You'll get to soldier too.

12. that was the main attraction mate, i want something that i can easily do in civvy street, but still play a decent role out in the field

IT doesnt seem to offer me that

any other recommendations for a trade but with soldiering involved?

13. Anything RE.

Probably others too though.

14. It's never been the same since they scrapped "O" Levels.
    At least we learnt how to spell, use punctuation, and start proper nouns with a capital lettter.