GCSE equivalent to VM quals

Discussion in 'REME' started by Haraldo_Maskers, Aug 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a former RM who did a VM3 course at Bordon in 1992 and then a VM2 course a little while later, all with distinctions. I now need to find out the GCSE equivalent to the qualifications I gained. I have called City & Guilds but the person I spoke to didn't have a clue. I've tried ringing the registry at Bordon but it's just ringing out so I presume they may be on leave. If any of you guys can shed some light on this it'd be very much appreciated as I need this info asap, thanks in advance.
  2. Don't know if it will help but the kremlin does'nt go on leave until friday lunchtime.
  3. City and Guilds didnt have a clue?
    Try ringing them again, might get someone on the line who isnt a cabbage!
    I have found that when ringing companies up etc for various reasons you might end up talking to someone that has about as much intelligence as a piece of soggy toast and they end up fcuking you off with a blag answer, but when you try ringing again you get someone who actually knows what they are doing and can help you out.
  4. H-M,

Give SO2 PD at Arborfield a call - he might be able to help. Was on ext 2711. Good luck.
  5. Colonel

You're at work too early boss. You should be putting your feet up by now
  6. bruni_madhorse - cheers for the info pal.

SpannerSpanker - I know exactly where you are coming from which is why I followed it up with an email with the intention of calling again if I received no reply, looks like I'm phoning again then.

The Colonel - cheers boss I'll give that a try too.
  7. The Colonel is right. Phone SO2 PD at the headshed on extn 2711. Answer will be a positive one if you give him as much info (cse dates etc) as you can. :D :D
  8. Cheers for the help guys. SO2 PD did indeed answer my question, in fact he couldn't have been more helpful, top bloke!
  9. Glad to read that SO2 PD is still a good bloke.