GCHQ Blue on Blue

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was under the impression that blue on blue refers to friendly fire incidents in operational scenarios.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe the incident in question a training accident?

I was under the impression that blue on blue refers to friendly fire incidents in operational scenarios.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe the incident in question a training accident?
Not if you're writing for the Daily Mail it doesn't. Apparantly they pulled up outside GCHQ in a tank!...

.....well the landy was painted green

It's the main story on page 3 of the Times ...
... thought photo might upset them less than copy and paste from behind firewall ...
Blue on blue crop.jpg

Last edited:
Although one source claimed GCHQ chiefs were angry about the incident, another insisted neither organisation bore a grudge. ‘It’s military dark humour but it was shrugged off in a way,’ the insider said. ‘It’s one of those things that very occasionally – unfortunately – happens.’
So it all comes down to - Oooops, If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined !

This puzzles me a bit:
An investigation into how a loaded gun came to be used has not concluded, and the Ministry of Defence declined to comment.

It happened in JANUARY. Surely that's a ten minute interview, and one or two days following up on the claims ?

This puzzles me a bit:
An investigation into how a loaded gun came to be used has not concluded, and the Ministry of Defence declined to comment.

It happened in JANUARY. Surely that's a ten minute interview, and one or two days following up on the claims ?
A training accident like that will probably get a full blown board of inquiry.

Shot him only once? What were they thinking?
Shame, because the 'Gibraltar Defence' does have a certain something about it:

Sneering QC For The Prosecution: "So, why did you shoot the deceased thirteen times with your pistol?"
Soldier [Insert Random Letter Here]: "Because, I'd emptied the magazine, Your Honour."
:)

Although one source claimed GCHQ chiefs were angry about the incident, another insisted neither organisation bore a grudge. ‘It’s military dark humour but it was shrugged off in a way,’ the insider said. ‘It’s one of those things that very occasionally – unfortunately – happens.’
So it all comes down to - Oooops, If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined !
No oooops about it, this had the potential to be a very tragic accident, you can see why GCHQ would be upset alive round discharged in the building

I expect a lot of gnashing of teeth in the Boathouse

Cause most probably because they were carrying live ammunition - on standby for incidents in the UK

Mixing Blank with Ball someone will get an invite to the Boathouse Regatta

Archie

No oooops about it, this had the potential to be a very tragic accident, you can see why GCHQ would be upset alive round discharged in the building

I expect a lot of gnashing of teeth in the Boathouse

Cause most probably because they were carrying live ammunition - on standby for incidents in the UK

Mixing Blank with Ball someone will get an invite to the Boathouse Regatta

Archie
I was being facetious but I get your point.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I once had sharp words with a colour sergeant who had placed 7.6mm ball next to 7.62 mm blank on the ground in a dimly lit tent .Live and training ammunitions never mix.