GC awarded to Cpl Mark Wright

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TheBigUn, Dec 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A soldier who saved the lives of two injured comrades who had strayed into a minefield was awarded the George Cross today.

Cpl Mark Wright died in September
    Without any regard to his own safety Cpl Mark Wright went to the aid of fellow paratroopers who had their legs blown off after accidentally walking into an unmarked minefield.

After helping to treat their wounds and calling for a helicopter to winch them to safety, he himself fell victim to a landmine and died before he could be taken to hospital.

Link Here.....

A brave man, RIP Mark
  2. RIP Mark

What an absolute selfless and courageous act...

Ultimate Respect to Cpl Wright...
  3. Again I hope this is accurate........ well deserved

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well deserved,a credit to the British Army.
    RIP Mark
  5. He was my first choice for Man of the Year as he epitomised HM Soldiery.

RIP mate and Thank You
  6. A very brave man, a credit to the Armd Forces. A shame that all of the qualities that he showed are not represented by the politicians that sent him there.

R.I.P. mate, well deserved.
  7. RIP - we will not forget
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

What a guy. I cant put into words the respect I have for his actions.
  9. RIP Mark, another young life taken in his prime, anyway son rest easy - another true hero and shining light to the rest of us. My thoughts are with his family this christmas.
  10. RIP Mark my thought are with his family i hope they are very proud.

Lets hope this loss of life is not in vein
  11. R.I.P. What an absolute selfless and courageous act we are all proud
  12. Quite right! Long after the name Bliar is forgotten by everyone, the names of the recipients the Victoria Cross and the George Cross will live on - forever.
  13. Wroong thread for politics mate
  14. A man who performed such brave and selfless actions deserves no less an award.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~ John 15:13