GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

No I think it means exactly what it says - that he admires the courage and self sacrifice of the volunteers of the RNLI as do I. It makes no mention of immigrants or France. What you read into it is up to you.

More like what you - and like minded people - choose to ignore.
They are safe in France.
They are deliberately putting themselves at risk, cynically knowing the RNLI/ Border Force will pick them up.

As a nautical chap - how do you stand on people being in a safe, democratic country and then putting lives at risk when utterly unnecessary ?

NF will be chatting to an ex SAS bod next

endure

GCM
They are safe in France.
They are deliberately putting themselves at risk, cynically knowing the RNLI/ Border Force will pick them up.

As a nautical chap - how do you stand on people being in a safe, democratic country and then putting lives at risk when utterly unnecessary ?

If you go back over my posts you'll find that I've previously said that I think that immigration ought to be brought under control but I'd rather see it done effectively and legally rather than some of the more outlandish methods suggested on here.

As far as crossing the Channel is concerned I'd much rather they stayed in France but I also realise that, for a lot of them, that's not going to happen.

If you've got a simple way to stop them then I'm sure the government would be all ears but as @Not a Boffin has previously said it's not simple and simple solutions won't fix the problem.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
They are safe in France.

It's the French who are allowing it to happen, maybe ask them why they are doing it?

If you go back over my posts you'll find that I've previously said that I think that immigration ought to be brought under control but I'd rather see it done effectively and legally rather than some of the more outlandish methods suggested on here.

As far as crossing the Channel is concerned I'd much rather they stayed in France but I also realise that, for a lot of them, that's not going to happen.

If you've got a simple way to stop them then I'm sure the government would be all ears but as @Not a Boffin has previously said it's not simple and simple solutions won't fix the problem.

And if you go back over my posts you will find I have previously proposed a method of stopping it.

( It involves a bit of Political spine, sadly lacking where HRA is concerned )

In short - Border Force ships ( alerted by our chaps Frog -side and RAF aircraft doing their stuff along the Channel ) call in to their French Naval allies that inflatables are leaving French beaches.
They then wait a decent period for a response (10 minutes or 30 seconds, whatever) and when no life saving action is taken - we go in and save lives.....
In French water and take them to the nearest safe place of refuge - which is a few minutes away in France.

France delayed , we acted to save life.
Who wins the moral argument ?

endure

GCM
And if you go back over my posts you will find I have previously proposed a method of stopping it.

( It involves a bit of Political spine, sadly lacking where HRA is concerned )

In short - Border Force ships ( alerted by our chaps Frog -side and RAF aircraft doing their stuff along the Channel ) call in to their French Naval allies that inflatables are leaving French beaches.
They then wait a decent period for a response (10 minutes or 30 seconds, whatever) and when no life saving action is taken - we go in and save lives.....
In French water and take them to the nearest safe place of refuge - which is a few minutes away in France.

France delayed , we acted to save life.
Who wins the moral argument ?
You're assuming that the French will allow you to land them and won't make a diplomatic incident out of UK flagged ships entering French territorial waters.

You're assuming that the French will allow you to land them and won't make a diplomatic incident out of UK flagged ships entering French territorial waters.
And when the French fishing ship accidently fish in UK waters.....

bob231

War Hero
What Law says the people we rescued in foreign waters have to be brought to Britain ?
The significant factor here is the law that says we can't go within the French twelve mile limit. While there might be means to do so to rescue people in distress, it would still require French agreement.

The significant factor here is the law that says we can't go within the French twelve mile limit. While there might be means to do so to rescue people in distress, it would still require French agreement.

We can go within their 12 mile limit.
I've personally done it by sailing boat, ferry, dozens of times.
Legally and without asking in advance.
Grab a berth, pop into the Harbour masters Office enroute to le restaurante and if he is not in - leave your details on a piece of paper.

If you are bringing in rescued people - who on earth is going to stop you with TV cameras on ?

Nope. It is, however, the best I can be bothered to do.

Out of interest, what would you actually do in the situation outlined?

While you have been sleepy-byes, I have spelled out what I would do in the situation outlined.

But I can't be bothered to repeat it for you - you will just have to look back up this page and fill in the bits you have missed.

While you have been sleepy-byes, I have spelled out what I would do in the situation outlined.

But I can't be bothered to repeat it for you - you will just have to look back up this page and fill in the bits you have missed.
Jolly good. I hate to break it to you, but you're not that interesting. Sorry.

Latest Threads