GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

tgo

LE
This came to my inbox

GB News is five weeks old and it’s been an incredible ride so far.

We’ve been overwhelmed with your messages of support. Clearly we’ve struck a chord and many of you have welcomed a fresh new voice in British media.

We’ve also listened carefully to what you, our viewers, want from Britain’s News Channel.

In response to your comments (please keep them coming!) here are some of the exciting changes we’re making at GB News:

• You asked for a lighter, brighter set. We’re building one. Already you’ll see a smartly-lit Union Jack background on some shows.
  • You asked for separate news bulletins. These are coming soon.
  • You want better sound! Most of our early tech problems have been ironed out.

Meanwhile, Nigel Farage is now hosting his new show, Farage, at 7pm on Monday to Thursdays. As ever, he’s feisty, forthright and well-informed on the issues that matter to you.
mail
Nigel will continue his previous GB News show, The Political Correction, on Sundays from 10am to 12 noon.

Also joining us is award-winning writer and comedian Mark Dolan whose entertaining take on current affairs, Tonight Live with Mark Dolan, premieres this Friday at 7pm.
mail
We’re still growing and still listening to you so stay tuned for more great progress as together we build GB News into your channel.

This came to my inbox

GB News is five weeks old and it’s been an incredible ride so far.

We’ve been overwhelmed with your messages of support. Clearly we’ve struck a chord and many of you have welcomed a fresh new voice in British media.

We’ve also listened carefully to what you, our viewers, want from Britain’s News Channel.

In response to your comments (please keep them coming!) here are some of the exciting changes we’re making at GB News:

• You asked for a lighter, brighter set. We’re building one. Already you’ll see a smartly-lit Union Jack background on some shows.
  • You asked for separate news bulletins. These are coming soon.
  • You want better sound! Most of our early tech problems have been ironed out.

Meanwhile, Nigel Farage is now hosting his new show, Farage, at 7pm on Monday to Thursdays. As ever, he’s feisty, forthright and well-informed on the issues that matter to you.
mail
Nigel will continue his previous GB News show, The Political Correction, on Sundays from 10am to 12 noon.

Also joining us is award-winning writer and comedian Mark Dolan whose entertaining take on current affairs, Tonight Live with Mark Dolan, premieres this Friday at 7pm.
mail
We’re still growing and still listening to you so stay tuned for more great progress as together we build GB News into your channel.
Dolan is another presenter from Talk radio. If I recall correctly, he took Dan's Talk Radio slot.

FFS!

How long did you get in the Cyber Guardroom? A fortnight? 28 days?

And do we now have to suffer as you play catch up with every nonsensical 'headline' for that period so that you can exercise you stunning wit?
Who was that aimed at?

Think it might've gone well the account no longer exists...
It could have been reported as harmful by Darren, or his supporters, twitter have a very strange moderation policy, if you have a couple of hours to waste listen to the Joe Togan podcast with Jack, then the subsequent follow up to clarify points. It’s interesting on a sociological perspective for one.

One highlight that made me laugh, was they claim to be open, honest and transparent, yet claim to be a utility operation as in electric, water etc. In America they refuse to uphold the 1st amendment yet, often support anti 2nd amendment, also they got a shed load of money from the Middle East, yep that bastion of left of centre.

It could have been reported as harmful by Darren, or his supporters, twitter have a very strange moderation policy, if you have a couple of hours to waste listen to the Joe Togan podcast with Jack, then the subsequent follow up to clarify points. It’s interesting on a sociological perspective for one.

One highlight that made me laugh, was they claim to be open, honest and transparent, yet claim to be a utility operation as in electric, water etc. In America they refuse to uphold the 1st amendment yet, often support anti 2nd amendment, also they got a shed load of money from the Middle East, yep that bastion of left of centre.

Also libellous, it's on an anonymous account to prove a verified user had done what's described.
I like some of the Rogan stuff, the one where the guy buzzworded a load of right on peer reviewed papers is great. XD

Also libellous, it's on an anonymous account to prove a verified user had done what's described.
I like some of the Rogan stuff, the one where the guy buzzworded a load of right on peer reviewed papers is great. XD
Rogon is chalk and cheese sometimes, although he does admit when he is wrong, he is a soft centre right American which makes him a target, he listens and asks questions, he is open to differing opinions, which is a fresh approach.

I am deep into podcasts since my knee injury, jocko is a good one for historical, I also like low level podcast who is a serving USA Army officer Apache pilot, he speaks to different combat helo pilots, favourite one was the RN pilot, who was an accidental pilot.

He did had to Google why Patrick Christys was on for the foreseeable.
Quite enjoyed his show but some of the guests he got on made me cringe.

Am enjoying Pat on drive though, he kind of has an I don't give a feck attitude.
Yes Patrick Christys is good. That's interesting as I think he did weekend shows and some Fridays.
I must check the Talk Radio schedule. Found it: talkRADIO Schedule | talkRADIO
They have a listen again feature: talkRADIO listen again | talkRADIO

endure

GCM
It could have been reported as harmful by Darren, or his supporters,
Not Darren craftywank Grimes? Live by the twitter die by the twitter. If you put yourself up as a gob on a stick, regardless of your political affiliations, that's what you are - a gob on a stick.

A grifter not to be taken seriously...

Not Darren craftywank Grimes? Live by the twitter die by the twitter. If you put yourself up as a gob on a stick, regardless of your political affiliations, that's what you are - a gob on a stick.

A grifter not to be taken seriously...
Exactly, like Owen Jones, I think society Is getting tired of the extreme on both sides of the political argument, having Nigel Farage on a platform is wrong in my opinion.

964ST

War Hero
SKY used to be the “go to” media for up to date info, but Now? (Just like CNN) its more about Drama and putting peeps down!
Where is Trevor McDonald when you need him! ( Excellent News Reader, WOKE friendly and has my full respect.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly, like Owen Jones, I think society Is getting tired of the extreme on both sides of the political argument, having Nigel Farage on a platform is wrong in my opinion.
Jones is just a polemic. A good portion of what he writes is more about screaming his credentials to the crowd he desperately wants to be in with.

Quite why you see Farage being on a platform as wrong I just don't see. He's not an extremist. He challenges certain conventions. There's very little of what he says that doesn't have a logic to it. He's not a racist, he just calls out the economics of unfettered migration.

Well, we've gone back to listening to our local BBC station (Wiltshire). Informative, light, relevant. No platforming or grandstanding, relevant items, news and a little music. Occasionally Talking Pictures TV (channel 81) too.

We don't want to start the day with shouty screamy games of one up manship. If we want that Wifey and I will have breakfast together

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, we've gone back to listening to our local BBC station (Wiltshire). Informative, light, relevant. No platforming or grandstanding, relevant items, news and a little music. Occasionally Talking Pictures TV (channel 81) too.

We don't want to start the day with shouty screamy games of one up manship. If we want that Wifey and I will have breakfast together
I look online - either the website or YouTube.

Jones is just a polemic. A good portion of what he writes is more about screaming his credentials to the crowd he desperately wants to be in with.

Quite why you see Farage being on a platform as wrong I just don't see. He's not an extremist. He challenges certain conventions. There's very little of what he says that doesn't have a logic to it. He's not a racist, he just calls out the economics of unfettered migration.
He divides the conservative vote, much Like Lawrence Fox did in the mayoral election, Kahn might not have Won, GB news, was held a beacon of responsible, honest journalism a beacon of transparency when Andrew Neil launched it, he has taken leave, Alistair Stewart On the sick, (did enjoy his weekend show), viewing figures have substantially dropped and the answer apparently is Nigel Farage And all his baggage.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
He divides the conservative vote, much Like Lawrence Fox did in the mayoral election, Kahn might not have Won, GB news, was held a beacon of responsible, honest journalism a beacon of transparency when Andrew Neil launched it, he has taken leave, Alistair Stewart On the sick, (did enjoy his weekend show), viewing figures have substantially dropped and the answer apparently is Nigel Farage And all his baggage.
Not my monkeys, not my zoo. Let’s see how it plays out.

Latest Threads