GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

a huge trust fund in an offshore tax haven ensures they will not go broke.
Better a trust fund to back holding power to account and exposing government scandals than foreign domiciled, Tory supporting press barons, I would have thought. Cronyism is at the heart of the system.

After his claims of GB News having moved to the far right, he is probably right that there was no option but to resign or be fired.

From what I have seen, most of those shows with more than one presenter seem to aim for some semblance of balance. Politically, left of centre, right of centre and in between seem to be represented, as are former remainers and leavers. Some of the hosts though, do seem given to exaggeration, hype and sensationalism, just as they were on the radio and tabloids. That's how they get people talking and sell papers. It's not a way to report facts but that's apparently not what those shows are for...

I suspect that two or more presenters have been reading too much anti-vax and conspiracy theory propaganda. Lockdown has no doubt afected them. One alluded to that himself before he joined GB News and suggested that vaccines were experimental and those wearing masks were part of the problem. In my view this will have given confirmation to the conspiracy theorists and fear, uncertainty and doubt to others. He was even talking about civil disobedience. This may be what Guto was referring to. The extreme of freedom is anarchy.

By contrast Nana Akua (correctly in my view) stopped a guest on Skype who had started talking anti-vax nonsense.

Farage will discuss the possibility of mandatory vaccinations at 7pm. He has been vaccinated himself and supports voluntary vaccinations. I may tune in to find out how he positions this.

I only watched the "Farage" and "Andrew Neil" shows on Monday evening. Nothing from Nigel Farage or Colin Brazier was remotely off kilter, except an anti-lockdown protester who was screaming abuse at Tom Harwood.
I thought the pints of IPA were a nice touch. Interesting discussion with (Sir) Graham Brady of the 1922 Committee.

There may have been some opinions that Guto doesn't like on the Dan Wooton show after that but I didn't watch it. I've watched some before and it's not something I'm going to devote three hours a night to.

Nigel Farge, Colin Brazier, Andrew Neil, Andrew Doyle, Liam Halligan if he did a show on economics, that'll do me and I'll get my news elsewhere until September. McCoy and Philips are good and seem to work well as a team but they could equally be doing more serious shows too. Alex is seriously bright.

Last edited:

964ST

War Hero
SKY, is pretty much “ran down the rabbit hole!” They seem to have employed extremely young woke inexperienced wannabeas!”

SKY’s Kate Burley is one of the worst TV presenters ever! Take that fücking earpiece away from her and she would be a “single cell organism”.
Edit, sorry and no disrespect to females but it seems it’s “Kay” not Kate!

Last edited:
SKY, is pretty much “ran down the rabbit hole!” They seem to have employed extremely young woke inexperienced wannabeas!”

SKY’s Kate Burley is one of the worst TV presenters ever! Take that fücking earpiece away from her and she would be a “single cell organism”
And she is very covid aware, or not

Has anyone seen Darren Grimes, trying to be funny and failing massively?

60240E50-900E-42FD-A733-381CE5063D71.jpeg

FFS!

How long did you get in the Cyber Guardroom? A fortnight? 28 days?

And do we now have to suffer as you play catch up with every nonsensical 'headline' for that period so that you can exercise you stunning wit?

FFS!

How long did you get in the Cyber Guardroom? A fortnight? 28 days?

And do we now have to suffer as you play catch up with every nonsensical 'headline' for that period so that you can exercise you stunning wit?
Not really my old chum, didn't see any reference to this, and his epic failure.

If it has been discussed and I missed it I apologise.