GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Daz

LE
I like GB News. It's much better than the BBC and the other MSM companies like CH4 etc. except for a few areas which the Beeb is good at such as sports.

The only thing that lets GB News down are little things that make it appear inexperienced such as this from the weather on their web site this morning...

View attachment 583494

What is wrong with it you may be thinking? Well, do we really need to be told why people use umbrellas? People use umbrellas to shelter from the rain? Who new.

Also, I get the impression that the umbrella being used for sheltering from rain is one of the less interesting parts of the image! I want to know what that lens is!

There is also some kind of thing getting in the way of those tugs - perhaps it should be air-brushed away in the interest of clarity.

Or, and I realise this is a niche view, perhaps they could have added comments such as "Sheltering from the rain, watching HMS Big Boaty-faced thing" Nah, who wants to know trivia such as the name of the boat things.
Sigma 50-500 at a guess

Good God! A teacher talking sense on the Andrew Neil show! Let's say she'll never be on the Marr show.

Abi Roberts, a right wing comedian (as in centre right), was a guest on Dan Wooton's evening show. She was saying that there are only a handful of right wing comedians but a whole lot of far left comedians and that the comedy business seems almost Maoist. One of the responses she observed was the suggestion that someone not on the left might be mentally unwell because their view do not align with the left. This was straight out of Mao's playbook and as she said people were then sent off for reeducation.

I do like the GBN presenters, good looking, very short skirts and plunging necklines.

Nana Akua cuts a very fine figure.

Silt Emmanuel-Jones aka The Black Farmer currently being interviewed. A very impressive gentleman. We should see and hear more of him. Inspirational, his MBE well deserved.

You would think people would wake up to this insanity instead of doubling down in acceptance of it.
Have any 'people' been asked for their opinions ?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Abi Roberts, a right wing comedian (as in centre right), was a guest on Dan Wooton's evening show. She was saying that there are only a handful of right wing comedians but a whole lot of far left comedians and that the comedy business seems almost Maoist. One of the responses she observed was the suggestion that someone not on the left might be mentally unwell because their view do not align with the left. This was straight out of Mao's playbook and as she said people were then sent off for reeducation.
Once again, is she right-wing or just not as far left as some would like?

The BBC has disappeared out of sights far as comedy is concerned. It's either puerile or spiteful. It's alienating, in fact.

We're back to that 'popular versus populist' card.

It's upset The Daily Mash now.
Good. The Mash used to be a daily read for me, because it was funny. Not looked now in months.

There is a very fine line between sharp humour and spite.

Sigma 50-500 at a guess

Often used by press togs, as it's reasonably priced and does the job well enough

And just about light enough to be carried around all day

Don't think the lens in the photo is a bigma though

Daz

LE
Often used by press togs, as it's reasonably priced and does the job well enough

As I said, it as a guess, it looks to be in that sort of lens class rather than a 300mm kit lens, I cant quite make out if there's a tripod mount on it or not

A bit more subtle than one of these perhaps.
1624451391986.png

Zenit Photosniper - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

Daz

LE
They're a cult lens now, but for the time it was a damn good idea

No image stabilisation on the lens or camera, so add a stock for stability
They also go for daft money on flebay

Watched on and off throughout the day. Content good and getting better. Brillo's programme is becoming a must watch with me. Still sound gremlins, however, which are becoming irritating - particularly on Simon McCoy's show today.

Watched on and off throughout the day. Content good and getting better. Brillo's programme is becoming a must watch with me. Still sound gremlins, however, which are becoming irritating - particularly on Simon McCoy's show today.
It sounds like It’s filed in a warehouse.

Apart from that content is improving.

It's the Express but, mea culpa, it seems to be the only mainstream source at the minute.

Roger Hallam.

For those who don't know the name, he is usually referred to as the co-founder of XR.

Unfortunately, he presents as though Central Casting had been asked to provide a middle-aged hippy who wears home-spun wool and hemp.

Last night he came up against AN who questioned him closely on Hallam's contention that 6bn people will die as a direct effect of global warming.

If you get a opportunity to view the piece in it's entirety, I urge you do so.

Roger was not well prepared.

It's the Express but, mea culpa, it seems to be the only mainstream source at the minute.

Roger Hallam.

For those who don't know the name, he is usually referred to as the co-founder of XR.

Unfortunately, he presents as though Central Casting had been asked to provide a middle-aged hippy who wears home-spun wool and hemp.

Last night he came up against AN who questioned him closely on Hallam's contention that 6bn people will die as a direct effect of global warming.

If you get a opportunity to view the piece in it's entirety, I urge you do so.

Roger was not well prepared.

this is proving to GB News’s greatest strength.

it doesn’t just let them parrot an unchallenged soundbite, it gives these idiots enough airtime to expose themselves at the utterly clueless ‘wits they really are.

Latest Threads