GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

His weakest response is putting you on ignore, then telling everyone several times to show how not bothered he is.
Don't think themanwho did...did he? I not be bovvered though....I shall repost this every 10 minutes to make sure everyone knows I ain't bovvered

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s more about the bigger picture.

Then talk about the bigger picture, no need for someone to copy and paste made up bollocks just because it coincides with their view.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't think themanwho did...did he? I not be bovvered though....I shall repost this every 10 minutes to make sure everyone knows I ain't bovvered
Please don't tell me what I did or didn't do; the suspense of not knowing what the angry little ex-storeman may or may not have said about me will add spice to an otherwise dull Monday.

Not very much spice, obvs. Half a soupçon, give or take a smidgen.

Please don't tell me what I did or didn't do; the suspense of not knowing what the angry little ex-storeman may or may not have said about me will add spice to an otherwise dull Monday.

Not very much spice, obvs. Half a soupçon, give or take a smidgen.
So you ain't bovvered? Note that I said "I don't think" so wasn't telling you anything.

So anyhoo - they're using Vizrt which is decent software - lack of experienced vid producers then.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
So you ain't bovvered?
Oh no, I'm desperately keen to have other people talking about meeeeeeee. Me me me, it's all WONDERFUL.

As I said, it's a dull Monday. How about you, do you want to talk about me some more? Oh go on.

Oh no, I'm desperately keen to have other people talking about meeeeeeee. Me me me, it's all WONDERFUL.

As I said, it's a dull Monday. How about you, do you want to talk about me some more? Oh go on.
I'd prefer to talk about why their production looks so shit.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
So anyhoo - they're using Vizrt which is decent software - lack of experienced vid producers then.
As was said by @bigeye (I think) it appears they've gone big on the "talent" and short on the production staff. It shows, at the moment. So far, some of the content is excellent, much of it is good, and a small amount is poor IMHO. I really hope it lasts long enough to improve, especially the production quality.

Nesrine Malik has a column in today's Graun complaining that GB News is a right wing grievance channel. Talk about lack of self awareness :wink:

GB News is clearly doing what it set out to do - providing a voice for those ignored by the other news media.

The tears, tantrums and wailing from the left are proof enough.

Isn't it great? ;-)

As was said by @bigeye (I think) it appears they've gone big on the "talent" and short on the production staff. It shows, at the moment. So far, some of the content is excellent, much of it is good, and a small amount is poor IMHO. I really hope it lasts long enough to improve, especially the production quality.
Getting the flow right, spotting anomalies and having good failover are all areas that need a lot of experience to make it look seamless. I think they thought using cloud solutions would help, they're not there yet - the graphics design looks shite as well.

Then talk about the bigger picture, no need for someone to copy and paste made up bollocks just because it coincides with their view.

The post is mostly on the mark, unless you know how much Wahls earned from her art at the RCA, it could have been quite substantial because it's a famous shop.

On second thought I take it all back. I'm totally in the wrong. Please accept my unreserved apologies oh noble and immaculate stacker1. May a thousand camels copulate in ecstasy at the merest whisper of your name. In future I shall be sure to run every post and indeed every thought past you before posting it on arrse, just to make sure it reaches your high seal approval.

I hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I will cry at night if you don't.

If you read a bit further they have since started to backtrack. It could be argued the initial reports of them boycotting were exaggerrated.

Stanley Johnson seems a nice chap on tonight's show.
Boris biography - According to Tom Bower, who was a friend of Stanley Johnson, Mrs Johnson one day disclosed to Tom that Stanley had beaten her up on a number of occasions. Not such a nice chap then. He said that Boris would have witnessed some of this as a child. This may explain Boris ignoring his father on stage. Tom thinks Boris will want to stay on to improve things and that his biggest weakness is the people around him.

Last edited:
The post is mostly on the mark, unless you know how much Wahls earned from her art at the RCA, it could have been quite substantial because it's a famous shop.

If only you had bothered your arse to look it up instead of believing facebook posts.

She added that the floral embroidery patches that had been removed from sale had nothing to do with her politics.

The institution was selling a floral iron-on embroidery patch made by the artist (similar versions are listed for £10 each)

On second thought I take it all back. I'm totally in the wrong. Please accept my unreserved apologies oh noble and immaculate stacker1. May a thousand camels copulate in ecstasy at the merest whisper of your name. In future I shall be sure to run every post and indeed every thought past you before posting it on arrse, just to make sure it reaches your high seal approval.

I hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I will cry at night if you don't.

Why apologise? If you want to make a **** of yourself randomly posting shite social media posts with no context or background, thats up to you.
Ill just point out that you are making a **** of yourself.

If only you had bothered your arse to look it up instead of believing facebook posts.

She added that the floral embroidery patches that had been removed from sale had nothing to do with her politics.

The institution was selling a floral iron-on embroidery patch made by the artist (similar versions are listed for £10 each)

Why apologise? If you want to make a **** of yourself randomly posting shite social media posts with no context or background, thats up to you.
Ill just point out that you are making a **** of yourself.

No.

If you bothered to read your own links.

Jess de Wahls has said she wants an apology from the Royal Academy after it removed her work from its gift shop over views which some complained were transphobic.
The Academy recently removed her items after it received complaints relating to a blog she published in 2019.
In it, she stated that "humans can not change sex".
The German-born textiles artist also wrote that "a woman is an adult human female. (Not an identity or feeling.)"

In an Instagram post, the Academy said: "Thank you to all those for bringing an item in the RA shop by an artist expressing transphobic views to our attention."

It said that they were unaware of the artist's "stated views" and their work would not feature in the future, but it did not mention de Wahls by name.

"We appreciate you holding us to account on this issue, and we would like to reiterate that we stand with the LGBTQ+ community."

And from the Times.

An artist whose work was withdrawn from a gift shop at London’s Royal Academy of Arts after she was accused of transphobia has said she could pursue legal action if she is not given an apology.

Jess de Wahls said she noticed “a mob” being “mounted against” her on social media after comments she made about sex and gender in a blog in 2019