GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

They can't really afford too, for some strange unknown reason they always seem on the brink of bankruptcy.
That is a "good business practice" as it reduces taxes and pressures creditors into a less favourable position.

My concern is you take Neil out and it becomes, a parody.
They're doing that with him in - here he is as God of Gammon.

1624110616108.png

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Did you crayon on that all by yourself?
Well done, thats shown 'em, eh?
You may want to point at their production staff - you can see their history on LinkedIn - it's not a surprise he's got a nice face for radio there.

That's Gracs fvcked then.
When I whine about being blocked on twitter I certainly will be - loads of your peers and their lefty Corbynista analogues are that weak for sure. It's what weak people do, like using the ignore function on here.

Unless the market doesn't follow The One And Only True Path, in which case basic business rationale miraculously becomes 'wokeism' or 'Marxism'.

A dictionary might be of some use in reducing the confusion, particularly a chew-resistant one.
Have CCHQ not burnt them all?

You have that comprehension thing going on again. He's weak for whining about it.
As are people who use the "dumb" vote constantly.

Whom are the Customer Relations Advisers there to Advise (on Customer Relations)? Or which Customer's Relations are they advising? Oh, I remember now, meaningless job to cover & delay while proper PR people hide away from cock-ups.

Customer Relations Unit is the complaints team. Customer Relations Advisor is a complaints handler.

sunny james

War Hero
It was indeed.

I like this bit from the section on the Oscars:

Admittedly we are in a pandemic, but the Best Picture, a gritty independent movie about poverty called Nomadland has made just $18 million at the box office, a fraction of the $258 million that last year's winner, Parasite, managed, and that was a darkly comic thriller filmed in Seoul — and entirely in Korean.

I enjoy Korean cinema and, having seen several good fims by the director of Parasite, I bought the DVD. A cracking film.

I doubt that I will ever watch Nomandland.
Watched it last night. An advert for the snowbird lifestyle is was not. Good acting as per from McDernmond but otherwise fairly dull. I reckon it only got awards due to the dearth of of competition.

Just watched Andrew Doyles debate show on woke culture. Excellent presenter with a rapid but coherent delivery. Thoughtful and balanced. This is the sort of stuff Iv'e been waiting for. We are looking forward to Neil Oliver at 7pm. These guys should have slots during weekdays if there was any justice.

Just got this reply back from LV after I contacted them:

Ref: LVG=5738021
Policy No: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr Dark Brig,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate there are strong views on this topic.

We'd like to clarify the situation that has occurred since our car and home insurance adverts appeared on GB News.

Our adverts appeared on the channel without our knowledge or consent after being placed there by a supplier. It has always been our policy to fully evaluate all the channels we advertise on and we felt it was right to pause our advertising to give ourselves time to do that.

We had no intention of causing offence to anyone in doing this and we’d like to make it clear that we’re not boycotting GB News. With it being a new channel, we simply want to take the time to make an informed decision on our advertising approach.

We’re sorry for any distress this may have caused you.

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

Kind regards

Kelly Clarke

Customer Relations Adviser
Customer Relations Unit

Nice to get a "personal" reply - will still not be renewing though.
Upon reflection this requires a more thorough reply than the one I originally gave.

Every word that goes out of the door in that company requires marketing sign off. In other words marketing own it. However they make the decision based on consultation with underwriting, compliance and any other appropriate group, but ultimately it is marketings decision.

The comment about the Financial Ombudsman Service at the end is a standard addition to the complaints team letters but that I would assume only applies to customer insurance policy complaints. Your complaint refers to a public decision taken by the company that is unconnected to a specific customer insurance policy therefore a complaint to FOS shouldn't be possible. Put it another way, should a complaint about the company withdrawing sponsorship for the County Championship be forwarded to FOS? Of course not. However adding that standard wording to the reply is now giving customers an opportunity to complain to FOS where previously they couldn't. I suspect that this slipped through because they are all currently working from home.

Paragraph 3 about the adverts being shown without their knowledge may be true but shouldn't be, and without their consent is incorrect. When a new marketing campaign starts the advertising company sends a list of when and where every advert is shown. This allows the company to tell its staff that our new ad is on Talking Pictures at 2023 on Tuesday 13th, etc. At this point the company says go or don't go. I suspect that in this case there has been a contract roll over, the agency has sent the list and it has been approved automatically. So consent has certainly been given.

There have been a lot of changes in the company over the last 4 years, and in marketing in particular. Some will remember that the head of marketing was murdered during an armed home invasion that made the national news. Also every heterosexual male bar one (the new head of marketing) was made redundant. Marketing is now manned (?) almost exclusively by 20 to 30 something women. Marketing aren't particularly woke, but they are quite power hungry and may have made this decision to get on in an increasingly woke company, but having made all of the grown ups redundant there has been no one there to give them a reality check.

I'm fine with the catch up and best of airings as it gives more opportunity for the material to be viewed by those who could not watch it the first time. This is different from the rolling news channels where the same material is repeated on an hourly basis.

Schedule

Neil Oliver's show has just started. "Hello. It's me" Classic :)

D

Deleted 4482

I'm fine with the catch up and best of airings as it gives more opportunity for the material to be viewed by those who could not watch it the first time. This is different from the rolling news channels where the same material is repeated on an hourly basis.

Schedule

Neil Oliver's show has just started. "Hello. It's me" Classic :)
He appears to have a touch of imposter syndrome!
Looks like a good show lineup though.

His monologue in first 4 minutes was very heavy on the (paraphrase) "I can't believe Im here doing this, bear with me whilst I learn the ropes etc".
Good luck to him though. Im sure he'll develop.
He hasn't to my knowledge hosted a live, unrecorded TV show before. He has done many recorded shows and live talks at various venues in the past. As he says the earpiece, autocues etc are all new to him.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
When I whine about being blocked on twitter I certainly will be - loads of your peers and their lefty Corbynista analogues are that weak for sure. It's what weak people do, like using the ignore function on here.
And that boys and girls, is a bite.

So very "weak", as the cool kids say...

And that boys and girls, is a bite.

So very "weak", as the cool kids say...

Why dont you have a hissy fit and then put him on ignore?

Latest Threads