GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
That would explain the current ethnic makeup of TV ads which bear no relation to reality.

and there I was thinking I was living in the only all white family in the whole of the UK.

I'm told it helps if the potential customers are able to relate to it. Doesn't seem to be working in those parts.

I don't relate to any of the sh*t that poses as advertising these days. Perhaps that explains why in my house the mute button gets hit as soon as the adverts start...

...either that or I hit the schedule button to see what else is on...

Mind you I don't watch much TV anyway. I turn the TV on to watch a specifi programme and turn it off when I've finished.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It ain't.

You're presumably aware, though, that black, wheelchair-bound lesbians occasionally like to buy stuff, and that the companies who pay for advertising would quite like it to be their stuff?
Say it ain't so!

You're presumably aware that advertising in recent years has suddenly become woker than a double shot soy latte, and adverts now actively over-represent certain "protected" characteristics? Of course you are; you're just trying to pretend it's nothing to do with advertisers jumping on the woke bandwagon, presumably in the hope of being thrown to the wolves last.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't relate to any of the sh*t that poses as advertising these days. Perhaps that explains why in my house the mute button gets hit as soon as the adverts start...

...either that or I hit the schedule button to see what else is on...

Mind you I don't watch much TV anyway. I turn the TV on to watch a specifi programme and turn it off when I've finished.
Watch everything on catch up. Fast forward through adverts.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Octopus were getting a right kicking on Twitter as well. I would estimate 4 out of 5 tweets were complaining at their stupid stance. A lot of people supposedly cancelling/leaving or not taking them on as a supplier.

You're presumably aware that advertising in recent years has suddenly become woker than a double shot soy latte, and adverts now actively over-represent certain "protected" characteristics?
I'm aware that they focus their efforts on as wide a range of potential spenders as possible, without giving too much thought to whether the appearance of non-white faces might upset the easily upsettable.

They aren't there to represent the population, they're there to boost the sales of the advertised product.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
You're presumably aware that advertising in recent years has suddenly become woker than a double shot soy latte,
Phew. Good job I retired. I had no control over the brand of coffee sold by the coffee bar in C Block at Hursley, so I drank latte (note, there is no R in latte, rhymes with fat eh?) with something sweet to take the edge off rough coffee. And I've drunk non-dairy milk for about 20 years for medical reasons. Soy is the option.

And in my last year at IBM I found the work so DULL that I needed a double shot afternoons to stay awake at my desk. Oh and the walk from D West to C Block gave me a change of air.

Phew. I just about dodged woke in the search for awake. It's okay, I'll flagellate my own back.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Phew. Good job I retired. I had no control over the brand of coffee sold by the coffee bar in C Block at Hursley, so I drank latte (note, there is no R in latte, rhymes with fat eh?) with something sweet to take the edge off rough coffee. And I've drunk non-dairy milk for about 20 years for medical reasons. Soy is the option.

And in my last year at IBM I found the work so DULL that I needed a double shot afternoons to stay awake at my desk. Oh and the walk from D West to C Block gave me a change of air.

Phew. I just about dodged woke in the search for awake. It's okay, I'll flagellate my own back.

I suppose you believe it's path and bath instead of parth and barth as well? ;)

you watched it at 2000 hrs as well then? I thought woke watch was great and Andre Neil is excellent. Fact based, objective and succinc.

bril

I loved his comment about 'looking carefully at the background of potential Advertisers on his TV Station'.

Some Advertising Executives are going to find Andrew does not want their filthy lucre.

Excellent !

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Best-selling author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
It looks like she's copied her hairstyle from this guy:
JehlnEi.jpg

I'm aware that they focus their efforts on as wide a range of potential spenders as possible, without giving too much thought to whether the appearance of non-white faces might upset the easily upsettable.

They aren't there to represent the population, they're there to bost the sales of the advertised product.
I did point out demographics and target audience elsewhere - until Werther's Original and TENA pull out this is just the market at work.

It depends on which customers they're aiming at - as well as their potential spending power.

Disgruntled geriatrics eking out their pensions from behind a wall of British Legion regalia probably aren't high on their list of target markets.

Quite. The massed legions of one legged wheelchair bound lesbians out there must be a gold mine for them though.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Lady Marmalade?
To be fair, she'd be worth a rattle:

1624007647553.png

Just so long as the price of admission isn't reading anything she's written...

Latest Threads