GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Blogg

LE
Apparently a staunch lefty trying to organise this boycott. snip from wiki ...
"The Stop Funding Hate advocacy group called for a boycott of the advertising using the hashtag #DontFundGBNews.
“GB News’ aggressive positioning as an anti ‘wake-up call’ television channel is likely to cause continuing concern,” Richard Wilson, director of Stop Funding Hate, wrote in March. “In an age where brands have more choice than ever before about where to advertise and not advertise, many will no doubt wonder if GB News is a controversy to be drawn into. “

Oh and its this Richard Wilson "the Director and co-founder of Stop Funding Hate, and sits on the Board as an Executive Director. He previously worked in fundraising for Amnesty International UK and the Child Poverty Action Group, and has been involved in human rights campaigning since 2001."
Not this one ...
Ah yes....

Blogg

LE
Unsurprising that the Co Op told the Stop Funding Hate ******* to do one.

At the end of the the McCoy and Phillips Show, Alex disclosed that her dress had split all the way down the back to the bottom and was temporarily pinned together so she would have to scuttle off carefully. She was spared any indignity by the GB News signature and logo before Michelle Dewbury's show started.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Sound seems better this evening, as does the less harsh lighting (on Freeview 236)
It's the first time in probably over two years that I've not been hovering over the mute button when a news channel is on - I don't agree with all of the opinions voiced, but they are voiced not imposed and contrary opinions are given equal standing.
It is, to me, what news & analysis should be.

I remember the $hit$how Channel five was for probably the first year (some would say it still is) with all the signal issues back in the analogue days, whilst the 'bedding in' of techies and presenters can be irritating, I'm sure it'll get better with each week if not day.

Sound seems better this evening, as does the less harsh lighting (on Freeview 236)
It's the first time in probably over two years that I've not been hovering over the mute button when a news channel is on - I don't agree with all of the opinions voiced, but they are voiced not imposed and contrary opinions are given equal standing.
It is, to me, what news & analysis should be.

I remember the $hit$how Channel five was for probably the first year (some would say it still is) with all the signal issues back in the analogue days, whilst the 'bedding in' of techies and presenters can be irritating, I'm sure it'll get better with each week if not day.
Yes, what I have watched today did seem much improved.

I put it on it was lord sugar god the "reporter" would not let him go. I turned over

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, what I have watched today did seem much improved.
I think some of the presenters are trying a bit too hard at times, hopefully they'll settle down too.

Had the opportunity to watch on and off throughout the day. Definitely see an improvement. Enjoyed Simon McCoy's programme in particular. About to watch Brillo with Sunak.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
The 'set' Rishi Sunak is being interviewed on looks like the inside of a soundproofed ISO container, I wonder if there's an Egyptian flag on the door and no handle on the inside?

The 'set' Rishi Sunak is being interviewed on looks like the inside of a soundproofed ISO container, I wonder if there's an Egyptian flag on the door and no handle on the inside?
I think the interview is going well so far. Only problem I foresee is, like now- the adverts are on and many viewers will start doing something else (Like I am now) and then become engrossed in whatever and not continue to watch after the ads.

Great to hear Portillo is on. If we could get Liz Kendal on we'd be close to having This Week again!

Is it just me or has the local news turned into a drag act? Hello darling. I keep thinking of a 60s actor you are awful,but I like you. Dick Emery

I really hope Dianne Abbot has been invited on at some point!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Grolsch and Nivea are now pulling out of ads it seems.
TBH, when was the last time you saw Grosch advertised on TV?

Ah yes....

The main instigators behind targeting GB News advertisers are at least two lefty groups & quite a few key public figures with axe to grind with Andrew Neil.

The two list show the original advertisers & then post 4 days trending on SM the Wokeo Haram have managed to convince 10 to back out with the Co-op telling people they’ll continue regardless.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-174935_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-174935_Twitter.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210616-173703_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-173703_Twitter.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 41