GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Are you sure?
Most people cannot be bothered to switch to get a better deal.

We have been with Octopus Energy for 3 years and have stayed with them out of loyalty and their reasonable tariffs, even though switching to another supplier would have been cheaper.

There are many alternative suppliers out there with better tariffs.

And your loyalty was repaid with tariff higher than many others?

I have beans. Not just any old beans.

Magic beans.

. . . now, if you want to get in on the ground floor of this amazing opportunity . . .

Are you watching via a HD enabled platform?

I watch it via my Virgin Box in HD and it's spot on. When I watch it via Freeview on the portable in the kitchen, it's dire, with a 1970's look and sound about it

On the Freeview option only, HD enabled TV.
Don't have a set top box thing.

Other Freeview stuff is much sharper and clean.

tgo

LE
It's already been well publicised the Freeview offering is a bit subpar, it is HD but barely, perhaps it'll get better in time, if you're a freeviewie might be better to just cast the android app onto your Telly, that might be better quality.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m finding the reporting and questioning really refreshing. I’m hearing opinions from the silent majority who appear for the first time in my memory to have a voice. A bloke in Skeggy has just announced they can’t get people to take jobs as they are sat at home on furlough and have no interest in working. I can’t say I’d every hear a statement like that on the other news channels. I’d be too busy flicking between channels to avoid LGBT or BLM propaganda.

A bit of silent majority reality is very refreshing. It’s making me realise the extent to which people are being brainwashed or their opinions subdued by the MSM. No the wonder they are shitting themselves. The silent majority finally has a voice.

bring it on

So you have never listened to a Radio 5 Live phone in then?

GB News is kool-aid for those who only want to hear their own prejudices. Silent majority -what bollocks.

no f in beer

War Hero
well, so far so good. caught the 'pimlico plumber' chap this morning, far too much commen sense to get on the beeb et al.

Nice to see folk being givenn time to answer questions (although some go on and on and could do with interupting)

Watching on Virgin HD, tech problems not causing any bother here

I've been watching since the launch and thought the content was good, but the presentation and technicals were amateurish. A lot of basic mistakes, not least 'Dewbs' presenting in a blouse that looked like she'd gone on air topless. She also fell for the 'Mike Hunt' spoof last night. I would have thought basic training for broadcasters was to never read out anything from Mr Hunt.

E33KYfrWUAchRD4.jpeg

I've been watching since the launch and thought the content was good, but the presentation and technicals were amateurish. A lot of basic mistakes, not least 'Dewbs' presenting in a blouse that looked like she'd gone on air topless. She also fell for the 'Mike Hunt' spoof last night. I would have thought basic training for broadcasters was to never read out anything from Mr Hunt.

View attachment 581892

I've watched her since Sunday, and I'm not warming to her.

I'm not taken by the grinning New Zealander Dan Wootton either. He seems permanently grinning like he still can't believe that someone actually allowed him on live TV and with his own show.

Still, it makes a refreshing change from Stayt, Reid, Ray, Munchetty, et al, although I would still smash the latter until she begged to vote Tory

IKEA have been mentioned in this thread as they are boycotting GB News.

I think IKEA and their advertising or marketing in the U.K. are nothing short of genius. They certainly know how to maximise their image.
IKEA outside of the U.K. is often seen as flat pack tat, whereas in the U.K. it’s often an aspirational store that appears to the middle classes.

While their flat pack stuff is better than the old MFI or current Argos/Habitat furniture it is still nothing special.

They do know their loyal middle class or Guardian reading customers though. and boycotting GB news will probably enhance customer loyalty.

Having installed or assembled literally thousands of IKEA pieces for customers I’m very very aware of how those who don’t know one end of a screwdriver from the other think IKEA is the bee’s knees.
As a matter of principle I don't buy furniture from Nazi furniture stores, unlike woke Guardian readers

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
So you have never listened to a Radio 5 Live phone in then?

GB News is kool-aid for those who only want to hear their own prejudices. Silent majority -what bollocks.

No, it's about presenting the news without having a massive slant on it. Boris grrr etc.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Epstein not technically a pedo? Really?

She /he did go on to explain the types of paedo and which he was, but was talked over with 'well he was a bad man'. Poor.

Awol

LE
It sounds like Alex had to get up to go and get someone to sort out her microphone. She will be spitting feathers. That threw Simon but only slightly as he's used to glitches on BBC. Thankfully Mark Littlewood's microphone is working as what he has to say is important and very relevant re deficits, economy and recovery.

Microphone ruffling should be isolated at the mixing desk until it's fixed.

ETA - Alex returned with a working microphone. Simon acknowledged email feedback re audio issues and said there are often technical issues when a new station starts, from his experience anyway.
90% of the sound issues are because the interviewee is using Zoom or something similar. GBN could, I suppose, send a ten man crew around to Fred’s gaff at cost of a few thousand pounds, but Zoom costs a whole lot of nothing, and it’s what Fred says that is important, not whether it’s occasionally a little crackly.

If the BBC did something similar, especially when reporting from the Bahamas, they would probably halve the license fee, but then they wouldn’t have to go to the Bahamas at someone elses’ expense.

I can’t imagine why they don’t do it.

Slime

LE
I've watched her since Sunday, and I'm not warming to her.

I'm not taken by the grinning New Zealander Dan Wootton either. He seems permanently grinning like he still can't believe that someone actually allowed him on live TV and with his own show.

Still, it makes a refreshing change from Stayt, Reid, Ray, Munchetty, et al, although I would still smash the latter until she begged to vote Tory

Shame to hear that about Dan.
He is an experienced journalist and can do excellent and probing interviews if the format fits.

This isn’t like this is his most ‘senior’ job to date.

Slime

LE
Ah, I was not aware, thanks.

There have been articles on them having items produced in less than ‘European standard’ factories too recently.

Google IKEA using ‘forced prison labour’.