GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Just picked up this morning’s Torygraph
and all of the commentary is referring to the Right Wing new channel taking on the woke media. All GB News needs to do to take on the woke media is report the news and objective fact. The Left Wing media are clearly threatened by the reporting of fact which is obviously why they are shitting themselves. They are scared of objectivity and fact.

Bring it on

Just picked up this morning’s Torygraph
and all of the commentary is referring to the Right Wing new channel taking on the woke media. All GB News needs to do to take on the woke media is report the news and objective fact. The Left Wing media are clearly threatened by the reporting of fact which is obviously why they are shitting themselves. They are scared of objectivity and fact.

Bring it on
It is literally a Nuremberg rally in colour...

Looks good so far, things are beginning to settle in. I'm waiting for the midnight news bulletin.
I was tucked up in bed, drinking my cocoa way before that! =)
Edited to add - I know it’s early days, but they need to sort out the microphone/sound issue in the studio - it’s been bloody annoying this morning!
Definitely reserving judgement, but so far, it’s like being at a Rock Concert, having to endure some pretty average support acts, before the main event.

Last edited:
Good to see them challenge Dr chandra nagpaul of the bma. Restrictions will be in place forever if nagpaul gets his way.

Last edited:
I was tucked up in bed, drinking my cocoa way before that! =)
Edited to add - I know it’s early days, but they need to sort out the microphone/sound issue in the studio - it’s been bloody annoying this morning!
Definitely reserving judgement, but so far, it’s like being at a Rock Concert, having to endure some pretty average support acts, before the main event.

Volume is generally low, but the VT with Priti is inaudible unless the volume is cranked up.

I wonder if a lot of money has gone on the faces, and inexpert audio chasps.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Watching GB Breakfast as I type. Presentationally slightly amateurish, but that can hopefully be sorted in the initial shakedown. Rather a lot of adverts, but the interviews so far have been a breath of fresh air, with interviewees actually being able to speak without interruption, and the regional news focus is good.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
One criticism, the presenters are great with interviewees so far, but insist on talking over each other.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Watching GB Breakfast as I type. Presentationally slightly amateurish, but that can hopefully be sorted in the initial shakedown. Rather a lot of adverts, but the interviews so far have been a breath of fresh air, with interviewees actually being able to speak without interruption, and the regional news focus is good.
Placing a very dark skinned (black) presenter against a black background is not the best visual presentation!

Watched a bit at 6:30 and it seemed OK. Watched some more later and decided to leave it for an hour. Tried again at 8:45 and decided to leave it for a few days. The obligatory three presenters have been shouting over each other on and off about police taking the knee and wearing rainbow laces etc. Sound was poor and echoing. Presenters becoming more agitated. In the morning I want news, time checks and a little calm. "Professional" presenters trying to point score over each other and becoming more strident and shouty is not my idea of a start to my difficult working day. BBC seemed much better this morning and ITV had Vordeman!

Last edited:

tgo

LE
I noticed some teething issues, but to be expected, I don't know why some posters here some 8 mins after launch would be crying about quality issues, ffs give it a chance.

Far as the 1 star google play reviews go, just write 5 star ones, making sure to include the words 'satisfaction', upsetting', 'bed-wetter's'. 'woke', you know the kind of thing. :D

Watching the post 09:00hrs output. Observing presenter duo question illegal immigrant apologist and Gerry Adams look alike valdez-symmonds of refugee council and amnesty international (cool man !). Female presenter hopelessly inexperienced and it shows. Colin Frazier disappointingly reluctant to challenge even along the lines of the bleeding obvious.Apologist got a free ride. Must do better than this.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
So much for the impact of Owen and friends threats to boycott companies who advertised on the new channel then.
See how many are still advertising when they have to pay full price.
Nevertheless, it shows how little influence the Twatterati really have.

Look, The Guardian is only really sustained by trust fund money from a tax haven. These people make a lot of noise but they are a minority.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I saw about half an hour of the new station earlier and my opinions are:

Sound is very poor.

Trying to get all three presenters into one shot makes them far too small.

The sports presenter wasn't very good but that could be nerves.

I will give it another go, perhaps tomorrow..

NSP

LE
The Guardian has spoken

Are they not aware of the "Howard Stern" effect, whereby when the US "shock jock" got onto his first big network and the media were in outrage they just drove his listener numbers up and up as people tuned in to, quote, "find out what he says next"...?

Ergo, the more the damp lettuces of the left bleat about GB News the more people will likely tune in to see how awful it is for themselves, realise it isn't as portrayed and form a fanbase.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just saw this thread which reminded me about it. Just put it on and the dubbing and picture quality is awful.
Talking about Australian beef, something to get their teeth into I suppose.