GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Around 2001, TalkSport had a presenter called Mike Dicken, who did a phone in from 10 til 1pm on weekdays. A proper Mister Angry, he always had a bee in his bonnet about something. Sorry to say he died, and IIRC, Ian Dale took over, and then Gaunty after that.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that it's 'Steyn'.

He often delivers his pieces as ranty 'streams of consciousness'. I was watching something of his on YouTube the other night and I was thinking, "I have absolutely no idea what it is that you're trying to say".

All I was able to establish was that something annoyed him.
Hmmm, yes, a little bit too ranty, but concerning the Telford girl he was spot on.

GBNews 11:00-12:00
Arlene at Armagh 12th July parade

Well, the BBC have the Notting Hill amp-fest tied up, nice to see some home grown event.
My daughter who was 14 at the time, was right hand man for a parade. Uncle was the main man in the Lodge.
She nearly lost it when she asked my Aunty, the night before, if she was a Fenian or a prostitute. God knows who taught her NI politics.

Kate E McCann is looking well this evening. She said that she was slightly embarrassed and slightly bruised after fainting during the Conservative Leader debate on Talk TV on Tuesday. 7 pm to 8 pm is a tough schedule as it puts her in direct competition with Nigel Farage. Nigel will never look or sound this good though. There have been comments about her being thin. She is a keen cyclist and no couch potato.

1658947192036.png

Perhaps it was just me but I could have sworn that Nigel got his words and phrases mixed up this evening. When Ken Livingston appeared as guest that was time to swap over to Kate's news hour on Talk TV. A number of stories were reported, none of which were new to me as I'd heard them earlier.

There was a bit of insight in to the hustings at Leeds. Not a lot of useful gen to be honest. Then Kate introduced her next guests, a Conservative MP via video and in the studio.... "self proclaimed Marxist Grace Blakely". Oh for foxtrot's sake! How is that balanced? That's one commentator I have not missed, the poisonous piece of nastiness. Sorry Kate, maybe another night...

Yes it was very interesting, in this day and age when food production is under threat the Dutch Government think it’s wise to cut farming.
Food is going to get more and more expensive in the future and cutting the size of farms is outrageous.
Oh yes I forget, the reason for this, to build houses for immigrants. I forsee a a big war in the future if Europe doesn’t get a grip of this invasion of immigrants.
Another reason Dutch farmers are now unpopular with the Government is the size of their carbon footprint. A bit ironic really considering how Dutch farmers played a huge part in getting the country going again after the war.

Another reason Dutch farmers are now unpopular with the Government is the size of their carbon footprint. A bit ironic really considering how Dutch farmers played a huge part in getting the country going again after the war.
This was discussed in the following video. Why would the Dutch government want to put highly efficient farmers out of business? What is the alternative? Even less efficiency, more pollution and famine. Grim.

David Mellor is a studio guest on the Political Correction this morning. FFS! Is he transitioning?!
818DC4ED-9719-4FDC-85F0-F2D3698D122A.jpeg

Still a pretentious twat though.

I think that it's 'Steyn'.

He often delivers his pieces as ranty 'streams of consciousness'. I was watching something of his on YouTube the other night and I was thinking, "I have absolutely no idea what it is that you're trying to say".

All I was able to establish was that something annoyed him.
Probably Staffordshire police.

David Mellor is a studio guest on the Political Correction this morning. FFS! Is he transitioning?!
View attachment 681864
Still a pretentious twat though.
Do you remember when he did the football chat programme on the radio? I think it was called 5.06, he got the job on the back of him poking some bird in his Chelsea kit. Now that was strange listening to him talking about football.

Do you remember when he did the football chat programme on the radio? I think it was called 5.06, he got the job on the back of him poking some bird in his Chelsea kit. Now that was strange listening to him talking about football.
Oh yes. This is her now - I think Mellor looks a more convincing female than her nowadays! :-D
60C99FA4-2AA5-4FC0-A7FD-03991D3CF945.jpeg

In reply to the thread title

Yes it is and I watch more of it than Sky and BBC opinion TV, overall I think it is a really welcome balancing addition to the UK's media ecosystem.