GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

Chef

LE
It's certainly an interesting interpretation of racism. I'd be inclined to say that it was an incontrovertible fact.
Rather like identifying as a woman is an incontrovertible fact.

Until it isn't

As I have now come back to look at this pic 7 times, and as each time I have ended up laughing out loud, I can only say thanks for posting it :)

While racism is a serious subject, this pic perhaps shows a sensible level of mockery about what Lineker said.
Thank you kind sir. Glad it brought a laugh or two, we need a laugh in this day and age.
I did think long and hard about posting it but as it’s already on the internet I thought, why not?

Snookie

Old-Salt
After a rough start I think GB News is great entertainment, my favourite presenters in no particular order are Mark Steyn, Patrick Christy Nana Akua and Nigel Farage.
I was watching Christy’s Friday evening programme and he had a drag artist as part of his panel, funny as feck, you do not get a news programme like this elsewhere.
As for poor Garry Lineker I found this on the internet, make your own minds up, I’m saying nothing.

View attachment 672897
Agree entirely with your pick of the presenters but I think Patrick Christy is not only very knowledgeable and witty but is extremely funny.
I think he will be on screens for years to come and will become a household name.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Rather like identifying as a woman is an incontrovertible fact.

Until it isn't
I'm fairly sure that you're joking here, but in the current climate I hope you'll forgive me for taking a belt and braces approach?

A black woman telling a white man that she's black and he's white is self evidently her stating a fact. Not one that should need stating, but hey, jug eared multi-millionaires occasionally need reminding that they can't simply make something so just by saying it is.

A man identifying as a woman is a claim which can be disproved by checking the contents of his* underpants. It's not a fact and never was, no matter how many people howl about it.

* To paraphrase Ricky Gervais, "HER underpants you TERF whore!"

Chef

LE
I'm fairly sure that you're joking here, but in the current climate I hope you'll forgive me for taking a belt and braces approach?

A black woman telling a white man that she's black and he's white is self evidently her stating a fact. Not one that should need stating, but hey, jug eared multi-millionaires occasionally need reminding that they can't simply make something so just by saying it is.

A man identifying as a woman is a claim which can be disproved by checking the contents of his* underpants. It's not a fact and never was, no matter how many people howl about it.

* To paraphrase Ricky Gervais, "HER underpants you TERF whore!"
It was mostly tongue in cheek, as you surmised. The trouble is in a social climate where a government body, the NHS, can claim a rape didn't happen because there were no men there at the time*. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could be construed as a racist comment.

Certainly one would be on thinner ice if the positions were reversed with Lineker saying 'I'm white, you're black so you have no idea what you're talking about.'

*Hospital staff told police their patient was not raped as alleged attacker was transgender, despite CCTV showing assault in ward

I can't find the link now but one of the presenters last night commenting on the jailing of Ghislane Maxwell was saying that other very prominent people including former President Clinton and Bill Gates shouldbe in the frame for using her services!

Following yet another lengthy report on the Woman’s European Football on BBC News (something I’m not remotely interested in), I switched over to GB News and tuned in to their Breakfast Show with Eammon Holmes today.
It had Kris Akabusi as a studio guest, commenting on the Tory Leadership race. There was also two very attractive, articulate female presenters. It was a little chaotic, but was a much better watch than the PC dominated BBC output. I also watched GB News yesterday morning and was very impressed, particularly with the Alistair Stewart Show.
I may stick with it for now.

Following yet another lengthy report on the Woman’s European Football on BBC News (something I’m not remotely interested in), I switched over to GB News and tuned in to their Breakfast Show with Eammon Holmes today.
It had Kris Akabusi as a studio guest, commenting on the Tory Leadership race. There was also two very attractive, articulate female presenters. It was a little chaotic, but was a much better watch than the PC dominated BBC output. I also watched GB News yesterday morning and was very impressed, particularly with the Alistair Stewart Show.
Welcome to the dark side.

I watch it most mornings over breakfast & always try to catch Farage's 7 pm slot especially if he's in a town where there is an audience who give their opinions!
It's still a bit annoying when they have technical/sound problems but the sheer ammount of common sense, as opoosed to "wokery" is a refreshing change from the other channels!!

smallbore

Old-Salt
....but the sheer ammount of common sense, as opoosed to "wokery" is a refreshing change from the other channels!!
I have dipping into it for a while and often find it interesting. They tend to let their guests speak, uninterrupted, for as long as they want. Makes a change.

Slime

LE
I watch it most mornings over breakfast & always try to catch Farage's 7 pm slot especially if he's in a town where there is an audience who give their opinions!
It's still a bit annoying when they have technical/sound problems but the sheer ammount of common sense, as opoosed to "wokery" is a refreshing change from the other channels!!

Have you tried TalkRadio/TalkTV?

One thing that I like about GB is the lack of sports coverage. I wonder if that is a conscious decision or just due to lack of funds?

I have dipping into it for a while and often find it interesting. They tend to let their guests speak, uninterrupted, for as long as they want. Makes a change.

Have you watched Dan Wootton? He likes a good shout down if the guest is being a bellend

I find ‘Free Speech Nation’ on Sunday is very entertaining and rips woke culture and political hypocrisy to shreds.

The best 2 hours on British TV

That said, I find the US comedian Lewis Schaffer a tedious unfunny bellend.
His stand-up routine must be a bundle of laughs. His genre seems to be based around a self-deprecating Jewish New Yorker with marriage issues. It's tiresome and doesn't add much to the show.

Leo Kerse and Nick Dixon on the other hand . . .

Latest Threads