Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

I never had much to do with the radio blokes but not I'm entirely surprised. That said, at the time Naughtie could be balanced out by Robinson (Political editor), Pienaar, (Dept. Pol Ed), and of course Brillo.
And what about these?

She is the eldest daughter of the former leader of the Labour Party John Smith, and of Elizabeth Smith, Baroness Smith of Gilmorehill She has a younger sister Jane Smith.

John Birt - director general of the BBC was a Labour Party member.

Question Time - Currently presented by Fiona Bruce. She was a Greenham Common protestor. Wonder what her politics is?

You might want to read through these, all have been at the BBC and have been on the left.:

Communist:

I would argue the opposite. I for one am fed up with sound bite crap pushed out by the usual suspects.

You'll be in minority then, people say they want real news but what they normally mean is that they want news that they agree with.

You'll be in minority then, people say they want real news but what they normally mean is that they want news that they agree with.
Most people I know who are serious about their news, get it from more than one source. All news sources are biased to some extent so a single news source will not necessarily be entirely accurate!
News sources that are purely there to provide entertainment are as bad as the tabloids and are best avoided for the serious news hound.
I, of course get all my news from ARRSE because I am such a well rounded individual.

Some examples

The press are a bunch of bellends for intruding/lying/slating some popular person that ARRSE likes.

The press are the best for slagging of Harry and Meghan because the ARRSE Spastic defence League likes to be outraged.

Same press, doing the same thing.

A similar thing when Corbyn was been constantly hounded by some journo bellend as he was walking down the street, a lot of ARRSE agreed with the journo, not because he was right, but because it was against someone that they didnt like.

People generally like the news that they agree with.

Most people I know who are serious about their news, get it from more than one source. All news sources are biased to some extent so a single news source will not necessarily be entirely accurate!
News sources that are purely there to provide entertainment are as bad as the tabloids and are best avoided for the serious news hound.
I, of course get all my news from ARRSE because I am such a well rounded individual.

I still think people are more inclined to seek out news that they like even if its from more than one source.

no f in beer

War Hero
I will give GB news a whirl, see if it is anything different, i am expecting a generally right of centre bias, with Wooten and others further right making it a bit meh

Andrew neil will pounce on all politicians who raise their heads above the parapets, as that is what he enjoys. It is also fun to watch

I suspect they will fall into the 24hr news trap and start offering opinion cloaked as news, which is what all the others do, but then using other sources should give some balance

I'll not bother with it if, as is being suggested, Rachel Johnson is joining. That woman's head is so far up her arrse it's not funny.

I am not interested in a well-balanced, fact-based news channel. I want one that supports the Conservatives and bashes Labour, Libdems, and the left with abandon.

Why wouldn't you?

Are you implying that the Independent isn't actually independent?

Tyk

LE
I still think people are more inclined to seek out news that they like even if its from more than one source.

You're right to a certain extent, but not entirely. I'm of the view that people prefer to get their news (good, bad or indifferent) in a way they find palatable. Journalistic integrity is not currently an outstanding appearance, even if it's there under the current gloss.

BBC and ITN news of years ago was presented in what can only be termed a fairly emotionless and factual manner devoid of any apparent (read well concealed) spin or agenda, Angela Rippon, Trevor MacDonald etc. Opinion pieces and commentary was left to other programming. That said they were concise bulletins of 20 ish minutes every few hours, not 24/7.

Taking one of your examples I find Corbyn past and present to be an odious little shit, but chasing him down the street or snapping him clambering onto a bike is every bit as obnoxious as the man himself, it's not news, at least not in my book.

Should GB News prove to be light on opinion and heavy on actual journalism I may give it house room (if I can find it streamed). I don't mind opinion and comment pieces, so long as they're packaged as separate from the news programmes and ideally devoid of a pretty (and petty) obvious political agenda.

0A bought me a feckin brilliant internet radio for my birthday. It has a line out (as opposed to a headphone socket) Of course, yours truly wanted to know what it would sound like connected up to my 500 watt Marshall Valvestate. Loud is the answer. Our neighbours are very nice.

Iron Maiden, all day, all night, all the time. No ads, no talking, no bullshit. "Stations" too for Metallica, Van Halen, Megadeth, Zep, Sabbath and many others. From UAE I think. Bye Bye Spotify.
IMG_20210221_161938_9.jpg

I've been surfing the USA stations. FOX News Radio is a good 'un, non-geo stuff is intriguing. Alex Jones Infowars: holy shite, that guy is off his nut. Britcom 1 and 2 is pre-woke BBC comedy, Abacus British Comedy Radio has Yes Minister, Dad's Army, Hancock's Half Hour, Are You Being Served, ISIHAC, ISIRTA.
Iron Maiden probably wouldn't appreciate this (and it sounds strange), but falling asleep, and waking up to Maiden, to me, is like being in a big warm fluffy blanket.

Lots of choice out there on the old interwebz.