GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

As a one time supporter of Nigel Farage, I can say that, by degree, I lost much of my enthusiasm for him. The chief reason being his unalloyed admiration for that lunatic narcissist.

I saw Farage like I see Johnson. They're going in the same direction as me, and I can use them to achieve my aims. My aims are now achieved, and if you'd kindly **** off and stop trying to re-invent yourself. Retire gracefully on a success.
This applies more to Farage, than Johnson, although Johnson is working very hard to achieve the same level of apathy.

Last edited:
Trump interview. Full of sound and (a little bit of) fury, signifying, nothing.

really, it gave a strong indication that the mid terms were going to hit the democrats badly looking at the figures in recent polls. It also showed that it was a strong likelyhood that Trump would stand again in 2024 and if the trend continues, win.
I'm sure anything would be better than the picture the senile moron & Kamala Harris present at the moment. ... Kamala Harris's approval rating falls to 28%, a historic low for any modern vice president
snip "A new poll from USA Today and Suffolk University released on Sunday contains a grim snapshot of public sentiment toward the Biden administration.
President Joe Biden has been on a months-long slide toward historically poor polling numbers, but yesterday's USA Today/Suffolk poll was even worse for Vice President Kamala Harris.
Biden's approval rating hit yet another a new low, this time at 38%, but Harris' dropped to 28%."

Plus it knocked both BBC & ITV's viewing figures for 6 .. Nigel Farage pulls in record GB News viewing figures with Donald Trump interview
snip "NIGEL FARAGE has pulled in the highest GB News viewing figures since the channel was launched with his Donald Trump interview."

I still look to this channel to give a balanced viewon events rather than the "woke" crap you get elsewhere!!

really, it gave a strong indication that the mid terms were going to hit the democrats badly looking at the figures in recent polls. It also showed that it was a strong likelyhood that Trump would stand again in 2024 and if the trend continues, win.
I'm sure anything would be better than the picture the senile moron & Kamala Harris present at the moment. ... Kamala Harris's approval rating falls to 28%, a historic low for any modern vice president
snip "A new poll from USA Today and Suffolk University released on Sunday contains a grim snapshot of public sentiment toward the Biden administration.
President Joe Biden has been on a months-long slide toward historically poor polling numbers, but yesterday's USA Today/Suffolk poll was even worse for Vice President Kamala Harris.
Biden's approval rating hit yet another a new low, this time at 38%, but Harris' dropped to 28%."

Plus it knocked both BBC & ITV's viewing figures for 6 .. Nigel Farage pulls in record GB News viewing figures with Donald Trump interview
snip "NIGEL FARAGE has pulled in the highest GB News viewing figures since the channel was launched with his Donald Trump interview."

I still look to this channel to give a balanced viewon events rather than the "woke" crap you get elsewhere!!
Important to note that after showing parts one and two of the trump interview, Nigel Farage spoke with a Republican and then a Democrat to get both their views on matters that were discussed, such as postal votes and voter ID for example. Both sides made, on the surface at least, what appeared to be valid arguments for their positions. This also highlights how far apart they are with seemingly no middle way.

This was the Farage interview with Rees Mogg, which RM actually mentioned in parliament, so GBN is gaining a lot more publicity!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How did all you eager viewers miss this absolute pearler of an interview

Oyibo

LE
If GB News just becomes a right-leaning mirror image alternative to current left-leaning mainstream broadcasters it will have failed. All that will have happened is that one echo chamber will have been supplemented by another.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
If GB News just becomes a right-leaning mirror image alternative to current left-leaning mainstream broadcasters it will have failed. All that will have happened is that one echo chamber will have been supplemented by another.
Yes but 'right-leaning' is a slur that's directed at a lot of centrist stuff.

I'm not seeing anything yet that's too disturbing. I am seeing a lot that gels with a lot of public opinion.

And I definitely need Suzie Sub's number...

Yes but 'right-leaning' is a slur that's directed at a lot of centrist stuff.

I'm not seeing anything yet that's too disturbing. I am seeing a lot that gels with a lot of public opinion.

And I definitely need Suzie Sub's number...
The news bulletins always come across as impartial and definitely give voice to criticisms of the government, Brexit etc. Although vilified by haters, Nigel Farage doesn't cancel views he doesn't like and invites difference of opinion.

Of the more vocal and "right leaning", I don't usually watch Dan Wooton's show but he too invites opinions from both sides, although he doesn't hold back in giving his views. He's a red top sensationalist journo after all.

Then there's Neil Oliver and his dark brooding cloud. Recently I heard him talk of facts yet he had none to support his position other than he was sure there must be plenty of scientists with differing views. It was feelings led rhetoric that allowed identity politics to take hold and create division. I get that he has feelings of unease about where this is all going and the erosion of freedoms. However feelings led rhetoric about the evils of vaccines and encroaching totalitarianism isn't a centrist view.

Apart from being a bit of a gloomy and slightly paranoid bastard, Neil Oliver seems to forget that he is part of a wider society. Everyone likes to think that they are a totally independent free spirit, but unless you are completely self-sufficient and live on a desert island then, like it or not, you are party to an unwritten contract.

If you do certain things, play the game and pay your taxes, you will receive the benefits of being a part of that society. Yes, there will be aspects of social control. There always has been and there always will be. The more populated the world becomes, the more social control there necessarily must be for things to work.

In times of crisis, in particular, more might be expected of you and some unusual restrictions may become necessary for a time. In return, society will do its best to take care of you until things normalise. It's not always great, but It is not part of a plot to benefit a controlling elite. If you believe that it is and refuse to play your part, then it might be better if you do fûck off to that desert island.

Apart from being a bit of a gloomy and slightly paranoid bastard, Neil Oliver seems to forget that he is part of a wider society. Everyone likes to think that they are a totally independent free spirit, but unless you are completely self-sufficient and live on a desert island then, like it or not, you are party to an unwritten contract.

If you do certain things, play the game and pay your taxes, you will receive the benefits of being a part of that society. Yes, there will be aspects of social control. There always has been and there always will be. The more populated the world becomes, the more social control there necessarily must be for things to work.

In times of crisis, in particular, more might be expected of you and some unusual restrictions may become necessary for a time. In return, society will do its best to take care of you until things normalise. It's not always great, but It is not part of a plot to benefit a controlling elite. If you believe that it is and refuse to play your part, then it might be better if you do fûck off to that desert island.
Neil Oliver argues with health expert over effectiveness of masks and calls mandatory Covid jags 'evil'
Having had Covid himself, he compared it to a cold. If only it was just a cold.

Farage is now claiming that Plan B has been implemented to distract from partygate. :rolleyes:
Has he started having his pints too early? Daren McCaffery also disagrees. Is NF on political manoeuvres himself? Peter Bone also disagrees. Plan B was coming anyway. He feels that Boris is doing a good job but that there are people plotting against him.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me what a "innocuations" are? Perhaps they really are evil.

They are a spelling mistake.

I got pissed off with Auto- correct ( or whatever its now called ) , turning words I had typed into the nearest words it .... understood ?

I would much rather live in a world where people can express themselves, in their own words, own spelling - including its mistakes - than have computers changing your words.

I got pissed off with Auto- correct ( or whatever its now called ) , turning words I had typed into the nearest words it .... understood ?

I would much rather live in a world where people can express themselves, in their own words, own spelling - including its mistakes - than have computers changing your words.
Check your settings, you should be able to turn off autocorrect.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Couldn't agree moor.

hamper

Old-Salt
Farage is now claiming that Plan B has been implemented to distract from partygate. :rolleyes:
Has he started having his pints too early? Daren McCaffery also disagrees. Is NF on political manoeuvres himself? Peter Bone also disagrees. Plan B was coming anyway. He feels that Boris is doing a good job but that there are people plotting against him.
The 'kin idiot McCaffery still thinks it's Omnicron.

Latest Threads