Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB News - serious challenger to Aunty & SKY?

I'm unsure where to post this so mods please relocate if required.

GB News, launch is due early March. Chairman & former journalist Mr Andrew Neil et al & are currently recruiting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It has great potential. Unbiased news has been in short supply in the UK for some time. A bit of effective questioning of people in the limelight will be welcome. At least it will be welcome by me.

It has great potential. Unbiased news has been in short supply in the UK for some time. A bit of effective questioning of people in the limelight will be welcome. At least it will be welcome by me.
I fully concur, it'll interesting to see the presenter portfolio & how it develops.

I'm unsure where to post this so mods please relocate if required.

GB News, launch is due early March. Chairman & former journalist Mr Andrew Neil et al & are currently recruiting.

I reckon it will fall on it arse within a year at worst or be a niche new channel at best.

Most people want entertainment not real news.

Will it be?

Can you show me any evidence of Neil not holding every interviewee to account ?
Fingers crossed they don't get any names who indulge in gotcha journalism and instead do their job

I reckon it will fall on it arse within a year at worst or be a niche new channel at best.

Most people want entertainment not real news.

It’ll be an expensive experiment if it does fail at £60m initial investment, which is pittance for media station.

However, IMO all new ventures need to be given the opportunity to prove itself.

Rumour has it that she of the magnificent chebs, Julia Hartley-Brewer, is to feature on GB News.

Further information for those not on the main SM platforms FB, LinkedIn or Twitter.

Also, I wasn't aware of another start up from 2 years ago.

88009554012ca2dd16668f05b97354f3.jpg

The Grauniad's take is interesting:

It's not as left leaning as the Grauniad so it must be peddling right-wing views.

The new station is being backed by broadcaster Discovery, although it still needs to confirm tens of millions of pounds in investment before its launch. GB News said it hoped to create at least 120 positions, including more than 100 journalist jobs across the UK.

More like sniffing after a few jobs.

DSJ

LE
Good luck to them. Any attempts to get the BBC to acknowledge their own bias or mistakes fall on deaf ears.

Brillo was one of the few interviewers at the BBC who forensically dissected all his interviewees, irrespective of party or political hue. If the BBC are having a crisis (supposedly another c.450,000 people have stopped paying the licence fee this year), it's largely one of their own making.

'Right leaning' in a world where Hitler was a centrist sounds alright.

I hadn't heard that though, I thought they were committed to facts.