Gazza, National Hero or just a waste of space?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by carlbcfc, Jan 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He abused his ex mrs and family and continues to do so, but why do people still love this man. Me personally have great memories growing up in the Gazza years which i think makes people see past his wrongs although we shouldnt, but why do we?

Must be hard though being an alcoholic with 90% of the male population wanting to buy you a beer. Best the 2nd or what?

There will be those that think football is a girls game

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

My bold
    Dosen't stop his "family" (step kids etc) cashing in on his name though does it ?
    That ugly daughter would be nowhere without him maybe they should stop bleating on and get the guy some serious help
    Where are all his mate Chris Evans etc who were quick enough to jump around him when he was on top of his game

Another George Best I'm afraid
    I walked past George Best in London once he was stood outside Smiths drinking a can of larger,stunk to high heaven
    I never recognised him I though he was a tramp it was my mate who pointed out who he was and then I had to have a good long look

3. the_boy_syrup

Has anyone thought to blame Israel for the state of Gazza :D

4. "never see him again" she said.....how they gonna manage that when they get regualr updates in the papers. Bang on about the daughter syrup, what a slut.

Gold! haha

also wrong thread i think

5. My bold

6. Space waste of.
    john
    Gents I used to DRINK.
    The only person who can cure the DRINK problem is YOU.

7. That's the best one liner I've seen in ages. Fcuking laughed out loud at that. Cheers for that mate. :D :D :D

Gazza, sad waste of talent. Seems to be a genuinely nice bloke who just loses himself in drink and turns into a nutter when he does. A great shame.

8. Gazza, the most naturally gifted footballer of his generation, but has always been shot-away.

9. My bold
    Dosen't stop his "family" (step kids etc) cashing in on his name though does it ?
    That ugly daughter would be nowhere without him maybe they should stop bleating on and get the guy some serious help
    Where are all his mate Chris Evans etc who were quick enough to jump around him when he was on top of his game

Another George Best I'm afraid
    I walked past George Best in London once he was stood outside Smiths drinking a can of larger,stunk to high heaven
    I never recognised him I though he was a tramp it was my mate who pointed out who he was and then I had to have a good long look[/quote]

Yeah, but they regard him as their Father. And don't you think they've tried? To be told to "**** off!" by him. :roll:

You can try for years with them, and it won't make a difference - Rehab doesn't work, if they don't want to do it. Seriously, I've seen other alcoholics, and I tell you now, nothing that their family, or their friends do, makes a damn bit of difference.

The only person who can do anything, is said alcoholic. And it's unlikely that they will.

10. The man is a complete waste of space and skin. Not worth the air time!

11. Is it me or is Gazza slowly morphing in to Jasper Carrot?

12. the_boy_syrup

I stand by my earlier comments
    His ex wife must have known he was a drinker there were enough pictures of him falling out of clubs and the famous dentist chair etc before they got married
    He was only married to her for two years 1996 - 98 and her and her kids have spent 10 years playing the proffesional victims
    If he's that bad ditch him and his name plenty of women do

Totally agree with that only person that can sort it will be him

13. His son made a good point when he said if you ask him who he is he will reply "Gazza" his alter ego, not Paul Gascoigne. He cant accept the fact his playing career is over and being "Gazza" is all he's got left to hold onto he must think IMO.

As a link to this i once came across Gary Charles the defender who Gazza fooked his leg up tacking in the 91 FA Cup Final. Was about 5/6 years ago when i was a recovery controller.

Short story is he was that much of a pissehad his mrs had to take him to work with her in a hospital near Bromsgrove. She gave him some dinner money, he brought a bottle of spirits, took the car, burnt the clutch out on a duel carriageway, done a shite in the back seat, wiped his shite with money then left the car and was caught banging a farmers door nearby. Seems that generation of player were in the transition from drinkers/players to athletes/players.

14. Just another washed up tosser who threw his life away.

15. I though that Ehud Barak guy was after a football top when he was on the news this morning saying he wouldn't rest till he got a Gazza strip.