Gazan rockets hit deep in Israel

New exchange between Gaza and Israel; 1 dead - Yahoo! News

Gaza militants barraged southern Israel with rockets and mortars Wednesday, drawing retaliatory Israeli airstrikes in an escalation of the gravest hostilities in the area since Israel went to war in the Palestinian territory two years ago.
The Islamic Jihad militant group said it fired rockets at four Israeli cities to avenge Israel's killing of eight militants and civilians in Gaza the day before. The group said one of its fighters was killed Wednesday in an Israeli airstrike, and Israeli police said an Israeli civilian was wounded by rocket shrapnel in southern Israel's largest city, Beersheba.

A small faction allied with Gaza's ruling Hamas militant group claimed responsibility for a volley of mortars that struck Israel.

The killing of three children and their uncle Tuesday in what Israel called an errant shelling dramatically escalated the recent flare in violence.

Well, if the Israelis hadn't stolen so many people's land with their "Peace wall" and illegal settlements, maybe there wouldn't be so many disposessed Palestinians willing to back terrorism.

That together with an explosion on a bus in Jerusalem today. The local tension is certainly rising!
I fear it is a start of the new wave of bombings. Now they would not be suicide ones but just this type mines.

When I have been to Jerusalem then my friend (he is an Orthodox Jew) said me that numerous scuptures of lions (a lion is a symbol of Jerusalem) were installed during previous huge wave of bombings in buses and the bombings ended abruptly.

Btw, old clown Abbas is in Moscow now.

P

PrinceAlbert

Why does this shit make the news anymore? I'm bored of it all. Can't the world step back, let them crack on, winner-takes-all. Job done, like the good old days.

Why does this shit make the news anymore? I'm bored of it all. Can't the world step back, let them crack on, winner-takes-all. Job done, like the good old days.
You highness,

do you think that it would be right to say Hitler something like this:

Holocaust, deportations - no problem. Do whatever you wish in Germany. Winner takes all. Just not invade our lands.

Just been talking to my mate who's working in Be'er Sheva at the minute. He's at the beach at askelon (spelling?) The sirens are going and an Apache passed over heading towards Gaza followed 15 min later by a couple of good thuds.

Same old same really.

P

PrinceAlbert

You highness,

do you think that it would be right to say Hitler something like this:

Holocaust, deportations - no problem. Do whatever you wish in Germany. Winner takes all. Just not invade our lands.
I couldn't give a ****. Everyone knows that the holocaust never happened anyway.

Though this is a different story. This tit-for-tat shite has been going on for ever. Just let them kill each other.

So....how's Chechnya you hippocrite?

Now how many square inches of Gaza does Israel occupy?.

The answer is less than one,i.e. none.

There are those in the Hamas leadership who do not want peace with Israel under any circumstances and they are backed by Iran and some on the loony left in Britain,despite the fact this condemns many in Gaza to abject poverty.

I dare say the Hamas leadership is not included in those who are living in poverty.

There are those in the Hamas leadership who do not want peace with Israel under any circumstances and they are backed by Iran and some on the loony left in Britain,despite the fact this condemns many in Gaza to abject poverty.

I dare say the Hamas leadership is not included in those who are living in poverty.
I agree with that, the Gazans are pawns in someone else's little game. I feel sorry for the civilians on all side, no such empathy for the leadership. Israel is just as bad when it comes to extremists in command, their parliament pretty much relies on the vote of a handful of MP's to pass anything. These have stated, amongst other things, that Israel should wipe out the local 'Arab' population and not to negotiate for peace. How the hell do you 'win' with nutters on both sides?

Now how many square inches of Gaza does Israel occupy?.

The answer is less than one,i.e. none.
The way things are escalating over the last few days that may change, especially after the deeper missile strikes today into Israel.

BTW - the one fatality in yesterdays bus stop terror attack was a British tourist.

Well, if the Israelis hadn't stolen so many people's land with their "Peace wall" and illegal settlements, maybe there wouldn't be so many disposessed Palestinians willing to back terrorism.
sounds like they learned from the Masters

Some East India company tea, Sir?

sounds like they learned from the Masters

Some East India company tea, Sir?
As an American you have no space to talk either unless you live on a certain type of reservation.
The truth is none of our histories are clean enough to critisise Israel but that isn't going to solve anything.
The main problem is that too many people see this conflict in black and white although most people in the UK put Israel in the black.
Too many exstremists clutter this conflict making it impossible to reach the middle way.

As an American you have no space to talk either unless you live on a certain type of reservation.
The truth is none of our histories are clean enough to critisise Israel but that isn't going to solve anything.
The main problem is that too many people see this conflict in black and white although most people in the UK put Israel in the black.
Too many exstremists clutter this conflict making it impossible to reach the middle way.
No son as an American I have every right to point out that any stealing of land, subjugation of native peoples by the US or Israel was learned from the Jedi Masters of imperialism. At least we admit we took the land from the Indian tribes. ya'll still in denial about the empire being based on thievery of other peoples land.
I just get a Laugh at British Posters excoriating Israelis over stealing land. I hadn't realized British whites were indigenous to Palestine, to India, to Burma,to Ceylon, to Africa, etc et al.

No son as an American I have every right to point out that any stealing of land, subjugation of native peoples by the US or Israel was learned from the Jedi Masters of imperialism. At least we admit we took the land from the Indian tribes. ya'll still in denial about the empire being based on thievery of other peoples land.
I just get a Laugh at British Posters excoriating Israelis over stealing land. I hadn't realized British whites were indigenous to Palestine, to India, to Burma,to Ceylon, to Africa, etc et al.
Your welcome!

Admit it do you? funny in mainstream American History the fantastic details of the Red mans eviction are strangely brushed over even the most famous events like The Trail of tears, The Sand Creek Massacre (whoops sorry Battle) and Wounded Knee are rather watered down, but no matter all learnt from the best.
As for you assertion that the British are in denial about the nature of the Empire try visting and you'll discover hundreds of left-wingers who are unable to stop bleating apologies to the less economically developed world for every ill that has ever afflicted them (am I in denial? no I just simply don't care). The only difference between the British and American Land grabbing is that the British ruled subjects got their land back, the Indians no chance.
I do on the other hand agree the the attitude of the pro-Palestinian British is annoying as it is unashamedly biased but that just brings me back to my main point on this subject that the Israel/Palestine conflict is stuck between the black and white view and it will continue people learn to see the middle way.

Working up to Cast Lead II: No More Mr Nice Guy. The tightly packed Gaza Pals will never learn, now was a time to stay hunkered down and whiney, all big brown eyes, teary babies and color revolutions.

For the world has changed since 09, there's Tahir square and the twittering Arab Spring. Qaddafi repressing Arabs with his heavy weapons has outraged Barry et al who then went all bleeding heart R2P on his arse. What a precedent! No longer need lightly armed, democracy loving, Arab civilians live in fear of brutal state repression.

At the first sign of the IDF armor grinding towards Gaza Congress, so moved by the salvation of Benghazi, will leap into action... unanimously approving a motion supporting Bibi's right to pummel Hamas voters into a bloody pulp with cluster munitions. Most amusing.