Gaza-Cyclops offers RN help to stop smuggling

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Le_addeur_noir, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Running on the ticker(hence no link) on the BBC website at this time is a story that Cylcops is offering British naval resources to help stop smuggling into the Gaza strip.

I thought Cyclops had by now totally decimated the Navy.

No doubt any time soon Cyclops will be offering Hamas or whoever is running Gaza a few billion,as if Britain has just got squillions just laying around looking for a good cause to intervene in.
  2. What fecking naval resources? Or are we doing the now standard dodge of offering an Admiral and some office space to run it from back in London like with the anti-piracy operations off of Somalia IIRC?
  3. Maybe he is thinking of painting some pedalos grey and creating a new navy that way. Coming at the same time as we have no Falklands Guardship, this seems particularly strange.
  4. We haven't? Let me guess, due to an overabundance of commitments and not enough resources to meet them it's been moved to cover something else - that anywhere near the mark?
  5. It's all very well Pa McGollum Broone offering UK RN Ships to assit in patrolling the seaside in front of the Gaza Strip to stop Hammas building sand castles on the seashore, but I'm sure the IDF Naval Units are more than capable of doing this themselves.

We don't need more UK Military recources drawn into further conflicts in the Middle East, well meaning that Gordo might be... He hasn't a bleddy clue about just how quickly such a situation could spiral out of control. Pretty sure the IDF don't want foreign naval units sticking their noses into something going on on their backyard. 8)
  6. Have Israel given us permission to operate a War Canoe in the Mediterranean yet?
  7. Whilst I know the pedestrians like to extend their writ where the whim takes them I'm not sure even they have the chutzpah to lay claim to the whole Med...just yet.
  8. [cough] Lebanon evacuation [/uncough]
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Surely cyclops MEANT to say that it would be a good idea to allow an open sea route to the Gazans to get food and supplies in whilst all other routes in were blocked, subject to a search of the vessels - to aid (impartially) the peace deal . . . . ?
  10. I'm not sure that going alongside in a country where fighting is taking place a la 2006 equates to sitting out in international waters (and offering a nice juicy target to the proxies of a third party state with a fondness for giving the RN a hard time).

But if you think so PTP, well best get onto Fleet Headquarters and advise them to reconsider this year's big deployment...
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The Israelis have a nasty habit of blowing ships out of the water too, that and turning UN buildings into rubble. They even got away with the US ship they tw@tted.

The US 'Liberty' - now, there's a joke in there somewhere, especially if we get ships off the coast!
  12. The 'ship' is already on its way.

Boy, hamas are gonna sh1te themselves when they see it

Attached Files:

13. and what kind of ship was that Biped - I've posted on ARRSE about it often enough for you to have reported more truthfully.

Alright, I can't wait for your reply. We both know the USS Liberty was an NSA spy ship, there spying on Israel. What was Israel to do to keep secret the secrets that she was keeping secret?
  14. Shouldn't that be 'Shi'ite themselves'?
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

AND? It was in international waters muppet - with the US being an ALLY of Israel too. When was the last time that Britain bombed Russian 'fishing boats' in international waters eh?