Gays marched off camp, Dortmund early 80s?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by REMEbrat, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was speaking with a lady I work with on Friday and she mentioned that her husband was based in Dortmund in the early 80's. I said my Dad was there too but in the late 80's and she said to ask him about the gay singlies that were rounded up one day and very publicly marched off camp.

I'm not going to see my Dad until Saturday so can anyone on here tell me about this incident?

2. Apart from that it's a load of sh*te perhaps?

3. Were the Village People appearing in Dortmund?

Cheaper to march than to go by taxi.

4. I was there then and I never heard, or saw anything like that happening.

Sounds like a load of bollocks. :roll:

5. Swing those handbags front to rear?

I don't think so.

6. Nope.

7. So you're stonewalled for a few days.

The site's been 'stonewalled' for slightly longer. :x

8. You sure it was the 1980s ? As far as I know it was far more common for this to be happening in Germany in the 1930s and early 40s

9. You've started it now. :wink:

10. No, no! You've got it wrong, they were just 'encouraged' to swap camps and accommodation :twisted:

11. Heard a similar story about the same happening on RAF bases in Germany in the 80s

12. Did they include the gay officers?

13. I remember it well, it was November 1983 and 22 Air Defence Ragiment RA were on parade in No2 Dress. Their Commanding Officer realised that he had gays in the ranks when he noticed that they were wearing a flower on their No 2 Dress Caps. He wasn't much of an officer and he certainly wasn't much of a horticulturist because he immediately ordered the parade to leave his camp. He turned to his Adjutant and said he was proud to have got rid of all the pansies. The Adj said "They're poppies Sir."

14. Must have been the day of the inspection

Brig walks along, stops at one particular soldier and says very smart, but could you kill a man ?

Reply ooh eventually!!

15. Brilliant!

Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.