Gayest Regimental March.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pitswamper, Apr 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Those of us that have served will, of course, have pride in all our Regiments, Corps or Branch of Services Traditions.
    But....Regimental Marches quick, slow or Hokey Cokey gaylord theme tune?
    While well played, by one of the finest Military Bands IMO, my Corps quick march is utterly Inman.
    A Life on the Ocean Wave - YouTube

Is your's worse? Proof of Het Regimental marches must be provided.
    Standing by for iPod jokes

Try that one for size!
  3. I note that there's a couple of seconds of Bonnie English Rose (Green Howards) 40 seconds in...
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I was a bit surprised to find that Sarie Marais was adopted by both the Royal Marines and the French Foreign Legion.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The RMs alternative name according to a former Officer is The "Scottish Foreign Legion', as it was full of Jocks.
    So entirely logical.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Good grief, I take it all back Band Master CinCHome.
    Is that "Danish Female Murder Evasion" training?
  7. Did any one see Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands at her last official ceremony before her "retirement"? The band marching was a cross between normal march and model cat walk, or were they merely stoned?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Of course it sounded and looked a lot better when we had our own Bn band of snake charmers and we had that rifle at the trail rather than us old farts waddling around the old square deperate for another beer;Light Infantry March Past - YouTube
    • Like Like x 4
  9. They only joined because they found out "Buckie" was made in an Abbey between Exmouth and Plymouth.... ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

11. I wouldn't say ours was gay but it does feature the word in the first line of the lyrics.