Gay soldier as cover-story in Soldier

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by craign, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought all wooden tops were gay anyway?
  2. Why have they had a pay rise?
  3. Absolutely disgusting, I am seething with outrage,

have you seen the state of his boots ? :D

Fair play though, must have been hard binning a bloke for woofery when you are struggling with it yourself.

Im ashamed to say one of my lot, a straight lad, played the gay card to get himself out then sold his tale of woe and bullying to the press.
  4. I've absolutely nothing against gay people. What people do 'in their own time' is up to them. But what makes them so damn special?

Nobody celebrates heterosexuality, so why the need to "celebrate" homosexuality? Does anybody actually want to, or are we pandering to yet another minority?

Thought police will be along in a minute no doubt...

*Edited to add: I say "we" as if there are no gay members of this site. I'm sure there are plenty who don't feel the need to share it with everyone.
  5. Yeah you could tell everyone was happy with the cover of the soldier magazine by recent events around here.

And this bit.
    How should I protect young people in the Service from predatory homosexuals?" (the response: "It would be wrong to assume homosexuals were predatory").
    Not wrong to protect women from predatory straight men though, is it?
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A long article just for to come out as welsh!
  7. I'm glad the academics have so much time on their hands to debate such important issues.

Ok Richard I might have been a jaffa but it doesn't neccessarily mean he was gay. :roll: And I NEVER take my missus on any of my Crusades and I don't bat for the other side.
  8. Is it still OK to be heterosexual in today's Army or is it best to keep quiet about that?
  9. I left before they made homosexuality in the army compulsory.
  10. Don't ask, don't tell.
  11. So what ??

All we hear is that Gay's in the services want to be treated like everyone else but when they get on the cover of a magazine its all about their "Gay Pride", I wish they would make their mind up.
  12. Reasonable article could have focused more on the!

[align=center] "Gay soldiers yes we have got some! Its them dam goat ******** gwars, that don't know one end of a spanner from the other though", so what comments [/align]

by the majority of straight serving personel.

Though i doubt that would further Stonewalls coffers who i suspect have encouraged the Indepent to lead with this article nice big free advertising for there £ 500 to £1,000 consultancy fee? Cynical moi :wink:

Still if anything it will promt the US army to do something quickly with there policy which is gutting them of some key personal with the 'Dont ask Dont tell policy'?
  13. MiT, are you "OUTING" yourself or just asking the question?

I, like many others have no problems with people being GAY but the leap from closet to Exceptional protected status does get a bit much.
  14. Completely agree with DeltaDog. It is a non- issue, so we shouldn't make it an issue by creating a soldier mag special. By 'celebrating' the issue we are forcing it away from being normal. Why not an issue for left- handed, or red headed, or short- sighted soldiers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.