Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gay roles for gay actors

I bet Russell is laughing like a drain. All this free publicity for his new telly show.

I must have missed the trailers, is it called Fat Welsh Poof?

TamH70

MIA
Robert Downey Jr should apologise for the Dr Doolittle movie first, before apologising for blacking up!

All the upstanding black dudes and fine black women who I have seen review Tropic Thunder on YouTube have had no problem at all with Downey Jr doing the black face thing. Most, indeed, have found his performance utterly hilarious.

Most of the people who had problems with him doing the role were self-hating white folks.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I bet Russell is laughing like a drain. All this free publicity for his new telly show.

is anyone going to watch it though?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's not publicity; it's exposure.

Which is not the same thing, and not necessarily as benevolent as you imagine.

I don't think he should be exposing himself

endure

GCM
I suspect that the denizens of arrse aren't his target audience ;-)

TamH70

MIA
is anyone going to watch it though?

Nope. I've had a bone to pick with Rusty ever since Tennant was the Tenth Doctor. I'm surprised that he still gets his shows aired on the telly at all.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
All the upstanding black dudes and fine black women who I have seen review Tropic Thunder on YouTube have had no problem at all with Downey Jr doing the black face thing. Most, indeed, have found his performance utterly hilarious.

Most of the people who had problems with him doing the role were self-hating white folks.
Eddie Murphy's characterisations in Coming to America were hilarious.

But is Arsenio Hall now going to apologise to the trans community?

TamH70

MIA
Eddie Murphy's characterisations in Coming to America were hilarious.

But is Arsenio Hall now going to apologise to the trans community?
Nope.

He runs with Murphy, who's still a pretty big dog to have in your corner.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope.

He runs with Murphy, who's still a pretty big dog to have in your corner.
I know you get my point but the point is that it was funny.

We will see the end of comedy if we keep going at this rate.

The 6.30pm slot on Radio 4 is in the vanguard of this at the moment.

But isn't it odd that the BBC 1's comedy 'big hitter' is a straight bloke bloke dressed up as a woman?

Oh, hang on, sub-four million viewers on Christmas Day, eh?

Boxy

GCM
The announcement that amused me was the announcement that the character Apu in the Simpsons could no longer be voiced by the white actor, it should be an actor of the right heritage/colour.

What about all the yellow characters in the Simpsons? Does this mean job opportunities for Chinese actors?

Nope. I've had a bone to pick with Rusty ever since Tennant was the Tenth Doctor. I'm surprised that he still gets his shows aired on the telly at all.

If he was given full editorial and screenwriting oversight, then the next Dr Who will be a limp-wristed pretty boy who travel the universe camping it up and fellating warrior strongmen to save plant Earth.

His trusty companions would be a mix of Alan Carr look-a-likies, with a few butch lezzers, and one straight person (all of which will be either BAME, disabled, or a mongy spacker)

1610626658161.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If he was given full editorial and screenwriting oversight, then the next Dr Who will be a limp-wristed pretty boy who travel the universe camping it up and fellating warrior strongmen to save plant Earth.

His trusty companions would be a mix of Alan Carr look-a-likies, with a few butch lezzers, and one straight person (all of which will be either BAME, disabled, or a mongy spacker)

View attachment 539223
You've just described the thirty seconds of the Christmas episode that I saw whilst looking for the remote, apart from the dozy northern bint doing a crap Su Pollard impression..

'Pie' is very good. It's ironic that an actor who is by his own declaration Leftist holds up the biggest mirror to the nonsense which goes on.

He destroys repeatedly the identity politics nonsense which prevails at the moment. His video on the gender pay gap was a thing of beauty.

And the guy who writes his material aka Tatania McGrath etc is also a lefty, wrote the book "Woke" etc

Latest Threads