gay pride!!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by sjb615, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was reading this months soldier magazine and saw the article about the gay pride march, and the first time soldiers have been openly alowed to wear their uniforms, i ask my boss if i could wear a shirt as this is what i tend to wear on weekends but was flattly refused, i could not understand this as scotish regiments wear kilts!!, AM I IN THE RIGHT????
    What i would like to know is did Jan hamilton the famous PARA gender transformer have the same problem in the PARAS?????
    And why was it mostly TA regiments at the march??? i felt like the only regular there!! As i was the only one in step!!! and not overweight!!!

2. Para's so fcuking special you have to capitalise them, are they? Bore off, cnut.

To the Hole!

3. Is this woof trying to get a phsyco discharge or is this some kind of wind up, I was bullied on ARRSE Sir honest.

4. a woof complaining? why i've never heard such a thing! get yourself down to your nearest solicitors office my good man, you should be good for a quarter million at least! after all, what does a man with no arms or legs need that sort of money for?

5. ... you're in the wrong job - 'kinell, must be difficult being forced to wear the uniform of the crown - why don't you try civvy street

:)
    unofficially of course ;)

Edited to add _ mods, should this be in the arrsehole (pun intended)

6. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Wah alert on. No you are not in the right. Are you male or female - I assume the former?

The point of this is what - to ask if you can wear a skirt (I assume you meant skirt and not shirt ?) in uniform ? I think you'll find uniform is worn as directed by dress regs and your CO/RSM. Which generally means as a male soldier, wearing skirts is not on. Kilts are not comparable.

With regard to transgender personnel, I imagine there comes a point where such an individual will move to wearing womens clothing and female uniform, where applicable/permitted but there is a process to be followed. If you are such an individual, your unit EO officer will have been briefed about this on his/her EO course.

I have to say though, this has a similar ring to the infamous Monty Python scene in "Life of Brian" where one of the ensemble, a male, insists on being called by a female name and demands the right to have a baby. To which the response is, "where's the foetus going to gestate, are you going to keep it in a box ?"

Wahhhhh alert off.

7. What are you trying to say? You asked if you could put on a shirt and told no? As in, you asked if you could parade in mixed dress? If thats the case, of course you fcucking shouldn't, if you are in the army, gay or not, wear what you are told to wear it in the correct manner.

Stop your fcucking whingeing over nothing.

Also, your Location remark is not big or clever. Nonce