Gay pride flag flown at Plod HQ

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Vvaaanmmmmaaannn - you seem to be posting a lot about 'bottom activities' . . .

Something you want to get off your chest?

2. Quite rightly so "the flag signifies that they are celebrating the fact that the world is full of people with differing sexual orientations and that everyone should be treated equally and with respect."

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So the police now fly the flag as it were for Gay Pride? Since when did the police start offering their services and buildings for minority activism then?

Can we get the police HQ to fly the flag of FSM then? What about "Justice for fathers' flags?

Or is it just gay pride that is a police service?

4. Just another PC-Point scored. Nothing more.

5. blood boiling, blood boiling..
    I have nothing whatsoever against anybody and their sexual orientation, but I am rather appalled as some years ago I was disciplined for flying the flag of St George, on St Georges' Day whilst in uniform outside New Scotland Yard - what's the diff??

6. Why should anyone in the world give a stuff about anyone else's sexual preferences? Do you really need to feel "I respect you and think you are oh so special because you are gay?" Demanding special treatment wins you no friends at all it just lists you as a group of constantly complaining twats who need to STFU and get on with what they are paid to do and stop thinking that anyone else is interested in who, what, or how they get upmto in bed.

Best quote I heard was from "the love that dare not speak its name, to the love that just will not shut up!"

7. In all fairness in my experience and experience of the rest of so called "Hard to reach, Minority communities" its People complaining (PC) on their behalf that do the most damage.

You'll probably find that most Gay/Lesbian/Bi whatever types have probably not even read the article as they are busy getting on with life driving their bus or posting mail or whatever.

The simple fact will be that there will be a Chief Inspector in that force trying to gather Brownie Points for evidence towrds their promotion to Super Nintendo who will be making a point of declaring "Their Respect."

Sadly this does more to isolate and segregate these groups because it kicks off the usual Outrage team who want to foam at the mouth over such issues.

Like I said - Another PC Point scored for the People Complaining Brigade.

8. So nothing to do with homosexuality then....

9. Unless they're hermers obviously.

10. "The following month we will be flying the Perfectly Ordinary Police Officers' Pride flag" said Mr Brownstrum ...

Attached Files:

11. I had trouble getting rid of the pile that Tarquin curled out onto my chest,but otherwise,no problems. Judging by those pictures you sent to me of you and the guy in the gimp outfit,I guess your the one with issues! :D

12. It's one of those things that everyone is "damned if you do, damned if you don't" - especially civvie bill. They've had enough criticism over the past few years, and now need to be seen to be 'going the extra mile' by minority communities especially the LGBT lot.

Did the LAGLO course with Hants Police (Lesbian and Gay Liaison Offr) and there are some quite interesting (and not so interesting) points raised when dealing with that group of people.

13. My bold

..such as always use hollow point ammunition when shooting them.... :WINK:

14. Does this mean they'll be changing the old saying "If you want to know the time, ask a policeman" to "If you want a gay time, ask a policeman"?