Gay people are not the same as straights - It's official!

Never mind marriage, do straight people have the same right to cake as gay people?

I couldn't give a toss about civil partnerships, really. It's just the old law of unintended consequences in action. The Court of Appeal has ruled that one section of the community is entitled in law to a legal status that is unavailable to another.

In effect, they are saying that the gay community and straight community must be different as they are to be treated differently in law.

Last edited:
I was going to get some appropriate popcorn to eat while this thread goes down the pan

but then I found out how they make it

The obvious route is to rescind the Civil Partnership legislation for everyone. I cannot see that any further need for it exists.
Or extend it to everyone, as some prefer it to marriage. It would also avoid the headache of what to do with the people who currently have civil partnerships.

A pair of more self-centred instances of the female genitalia, you will not see.

That piece of legislation was brought in purely for the benefit of those who could not be joined in matrimony, in the eyes of the law as it stood.

.....and not these cretins.

A pair of more self-centred instances of the female genitalia, you will not see.

That piece of legislation was brought in purely for the benefit of those who could not be joined in matrimony, in the eyes of the law as it stood.

.....and not these cretins.
Have to admit that my first thought when I heard of the case was, do they not have anything better to do? The time and money that's been spunked on this could have been spent on any number of better causes.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Speaking as the only 'pre-op transgender possibly-thinking-about-being-a-bird but only if they give me a nice set of tits I can play with while knocking one off the wrist' on the ARRSE, I am horrified.

You insensitive bastards. Me and Kev (nee Susan) met though our love of the poetry of Taoi Chanan. Just because I am now a bird and Susan has a luxuriant set of mustachios I see no reason why we should not plight our troth in a Civil Partnership.

Nazi scum, the lot of yous.

Or extend it to everyone, as some prefer it to marriage. It would also avoid the headache of what to do with the people who currently have civil partnerships.
As the equivalent is over here, like wot I posted elsewhere

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Aviation 39
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 11
Gunner_ear Sappers 17