Gay marriage in the UK: yes/no?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Radiance, May 23, 2012.

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
  2. No

102 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Muslims and Sikhs attack Cameron's gay marriage plan - Telegraph

What do you think about Cameron's support for gay marriages?

Where does this stop next? That marriage between 3 or more people is acceptable?
  2. "where does this stop"
    Animals ???????
    I'm just saying
  3. Wow just need to find x2 ladies to share the love with?
    Mother & Daughter, would that work?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Of course Homosexuals should have the right to marry.

Why should Heterosexuals be the only ones to suffer?
    • Like Like x 24
  5. That's a fuck of a jump, you prick. They have every right to be as miserable as every other Married man!
  6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Fundamentally marriage is a legal state that gives certain benefits and rights to both spouses, is a public statement of commitment and a large number of marriages are non-religious. If you accept that individuals have the right to determine their own sexuality and relationships there is no logical reason why 2 people of the same sex shouldn't marry. It's a personal choice that has no effect on anyone else and therefore should be none of our business.
    • Like Like x 12
  7. And that should be the end of this thread.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Didn't Nero marry his horse?
  9. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should have the absolute right to insert any part of their anatomy into any bodily orifice of any consenting adult. If they're stupid enough to want to marry them afterwards they should be more than welcome.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. I'm insufficiently cosmopolitan to have many gay friends and what they do with each other with various fleshy nozzles in the comfort of their own homes seems pretty revolting to me. But for a long time I've thought that the distinction between civil partnerships and marriages was a pretty petty one. The sort of people worrying about the use of the word marriage are the same ones pulling the anglican communion apart over women bishops and gay priests, whilst famine rages and moral leadership seems lacking across the world. Gay marriage - why not?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I don't accept that, I think we have no bloody choice. Can you "decide" who you find sexually attractive? I can't.

Anyway, I think that gay people should have the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Marriage has been defined by religion, tradition and custom for thousands of years as being between one man and one woman.

Who do these little men, David Cameron and Barack Obama, think they are to redefine it? Indeed, who is any man to redefine it?

If two men or two women want to engage in homosexual activity that is their business. But don't water down the definition of marriage as being a heterosexual union.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. It may not be your choice who you find sexually attractive, but it is your choice to choose whether to engage in sexual activities with them.

By the same logic if a paedophile finds a young girl sexually attractive and she consents, is it OK for him to marry her?
  14. Fuck you. Keep your religious bollocks out of a secular matter.
    • Like Like x 8