• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Gay Iranians in London to go back and fight if Iran attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct. 8, 2007 issue - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a lucky man. Even Amir supports him. Amir is a gay Iranian who left the country five years ago and now lives with his boyfriend in London. (He uses a pseudonym because he still hasn't told his family about his sexual orientation.) When Ahmadinejad claimed during a question-and-answer session at Columbia University last week that no gays lived in Iran, "[it] made me laugh," says Amir. "Ahmadinejad is an ignorant and uncultured man who doesn't know much about anything beyond the world of radical Muslims and Revolutionary Guards." Yet Amir was incensed at the hectoring introduction from Columbia's president, Lee Bollinger, during which he described his guest as "a petty and cruel dictator." "He is still the elected president of my country," Amir says. "Insulting him in front of the world is insulting all Iranians.

Sitting under a large poster of Andy Warhol's design for the Rolling Stones' "Sticky Fingers" album cover, which shows the crotch of a man in tight jeans, Amir is as anti-American as Ahmadinejad's bearded allies. "Listen, as a gay man living in Iran, I couldn't express myself and be what I am. My brother went to jail for eight years because he opposed this regime. Two of my cousins were killed because they were communists. Despite all that, if one day America or Israel attack Iran, I'll go back and defend my country. I'll do that regardless of who is the president and how gay people are treated in Iran." That's the voice Washington should be listening to, not Ahmadinejad's.
"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21047612/site/newsweek/

I find it both amusing and disturbing that these guys go abroad and move to other countries that offer the sort of freedoms they are looking for yet all the while retain absolute allegiance to the country that would rather see them dead.

Never mind engaging and otherwise becoming a citizen of that country.

At least he'll definitely get a job over there; probably helping to run one of their ranges...

ghost_us said:
Oct. 8, 2007 issue - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a lucky man. Even Amir supports him. Amir is a gay Iranian who left the country five years ago and now lives with his boyfriend in London. (He uses a pseudonym because he still hasn't told his family about his sexual orientation.) When Ahmadinejad claimed during a question-and-answer session at Columbia University last week that no gays lived in Iran, "[it] made me laugh," says Amir. "Ahmadinejad is an ignorant and uncultured man who doesn't know much about anything beyond the world of radical Muslims and Revolutionary Guards." Yet Amir was incensed at the hectoring introduction from Columbia's president, Lee Bollinger, during which he described his guest as "a petty and cruel dictator." "He is still the elected president of my country," Amir says. "Insulting him in front of the world is insulting all Iranians.

Sitting under a large poster of Andy Warhol's design for the Rolling Stones' "Sticky Fingers" album cover, which shows the crotch of a man in tight jeans, Amir is as anti-American as Ahmadinejad's bearded allies. "Listen, as a gay man living in Iran, I couldn't express myself and be what I am. My brother went to jail for eight years because he opposed this regime. Two of my cousins were killed because they were communists. Despite all that, if one day America or Israel attack Iran, I'll go back and defend my country. I'll do that regardless of who is the president and how gay people are treated in Iran." That's the voice Washington should be listening to, not Ahmadinejad's.
"

I find it both amusing and disturbing that these guys go abroad and move to other countries that offer the sort of freedoms they are looking for yet all the while retain absolute allegiance to the country that would rather see them dead.

Thats because he is fcuking stupid. :oops:

ghost_us said:

"

Perhaps it is possible to feel patriotism for your country and solidarity with your countrymen regardless of the regime in charge?

Bat Crab, that is true, Russian dissident author Alexander Solzhenitsyn regarded his exile as the utmost sacrifice and punishment.

Having said that I feel that if this young chap (can't call him gay any more, in case we get 7 years pokey) should return to Iran ASAP and prepare his deensive positions, just in case. His chum can go with him.

Alsacien

LE
ghost_us said:

"

Maybe he loves his country but is not happy with the current polititians in charge and the laws they make........

Sound familiar?

"He is still the elected president of my country," Amir says. "Insulting him in front of the world is insulting all Iranians".
The insult to the Iranians of Dinner Jacket and his cronies preventing most of their opponents from standing, and there being a number of seats allocated to the mad mullahs anyway.

Whatever valid representation of the views of the populace there had been in the previous government, it was done up like a kipper before the last elections.

Why doesn't this bowel-troweller head back now and stand for the rainbow alliance?.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
still21inmymind said:
Having said that I feel that if this young chap (can't call him gay any more, in case we get 7 years pokey)

Is that the punishment ? 8O

And I thought they'd only send you to prison.

:lol: I bet he will stay in U.K. if the flack starts, they will hang him in Iran war or no War if they have not run out of cranes to put him up on, a lot of poofs are arse and talk a lot of cock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I think we should start a war with Iran as soon as possible if that's the opinion of the 'gay diaspora' or Iran.

I'm sure that they'd be welcomed with open arms if they go mincing (can I say that?) back when Iran is getting one up the bum.

Send him on his way and good riddance. He shouldn't be in Britain anyway.

If he wants to die fighting for a bigoted Muslim fundamentalist demagogue who would happily hang him and all of his kind - so be it.

No loss to the human gene pool.

John,

The irony is palpable.

But anyway, what's the Farsi for," I want to take you to a gay bar!"?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fallschirmmongsturm said:
John,

The irony is palpable.

But anyway, what's the Farsi for," I want to take you to a gay bar!"?
It's the same as"You are now my prisoner."

Not sure how to pronounce it, ask the RM/RN.

Touche.

I imagine when they requested one personal item, they all took their rollmats!

Good stuff, the chap's obviously switched on enough not to fall for any of the freedom and demawcracy BS.

He's not the only one either. Even Shirin Ebadi, noted feminist and Nobel Laureate, says she would stand with the regime in case of attack.

Maybe you Yanks will draw the appropriate conclusion.

Taz_786 said:
Good stuff, the chap's obviously switched on enough not to fall for any of the freedom and demawcracy BS.

He's not the only one either. Even Shirin Ebadi, noted feminist and Nobel Laureate, says she would stand with the regime in case of attack.

Ah - there you are.

Taz_786 said:

The only conclusion the Yanks will draw is that they are all acceptable collateral damage. Fair play to the cousins.

That aside; I would not necessarily believe all the protestations of loyalty to Iran and the assertion that they would go back to fight. It is rhetoric uttered with one eye to the future. All about survival and credentials. These people are expert fence sitters and disemblers. That's why they're still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.