Gay couples to have the right to live in Married Quarters

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Colonel_Crusty, Sep 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC are reporting:

"Under the headline, "Army Camp", the Sun says gay couples are to have the right to live in married quarters. The plan would start when same-sex partnerships become law. "

Is this true? Lady Crusty will wish to welcome them to the wives club no doubt.

2. Yes from Dec 05 when the Covil Partnership Act comes into force, those who become Civil Partners have the right to become Marital Status 1 with ALL the priviledges and allowances which that brings.

3. And what of mess nights? what will the 'gay'men of such relationships be classed as?
    Dammed irregular to say the least.

4. I'm struggling to see the problem here.

Actually, that's not true - I can see how seating plans at "Ladies'" Dinner Nights (well overdue to be renamed, IMO) could become a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully we'll have as many gay female couples as male couples, so we can maintain the boy-girl-boy-girl seating plan that has done such sterling service to social lubrication*.

Other than that, what's the drama?

IF

*I said "social" - no giggling at the back!

5. :oops: Sorry! :lol:

8. This is very old news but the issue is, what about long term heterosexual couples.

Gay, lesbian so what!!! Can they run, fire a gun, pass a BPFA, yes, then OK.

Many of us "normal" people have some strange habits behind closed doors.

Yes, I know the Civil Ceremony is designed for Gay and Lesbian Couples as the law does not recognise gay marriage, but some none gay couples cannot through certain and complicated circumstances get married!!!!!

What about them???? This one may nd up at the Human Rights Court me thinks.

9. This is very old news but the issue is, what about long term heterosexual couples.

Gay, lesbian so what!!! Can they run, fire a gun, pass a BPFA, yes, then OK.

Many of us "normal" people have some strange habits behind closed doors.

Yes, I know the Civil Ceremony is designed for Gay and Lesbian Couples as the law does not recognise gay marriage, but some none gay couples cannot through certain and complicated circumstances get married!!!!!

What about them???? This one may nd up at the Human Rights Court me thinks.

10. should make mess do's a bit more fruity.....

11. Might make the Donkey -wallopers and cav types a bit less introverted though