Gay couple win Berkshire B&B refusal case

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CptDanjou, Oct 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bizarre how the B&B owners feelings dont seem to have been taken into consideration , ie the right to refuse admission of who ever they want into their home , I`d want "damages for injury to feelings" if I had to listen to two blokes shagging all night in the room next to me.

BBC News - Gay couple win Berkshire B&B refusal case

• Like Like x 3
  2. [​IMG]
    Well Digger old boy, the bus will be along shortly so mind how you go.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Careful, you'll have the thought police after you.
    It is now government policy that homosexuals (or whatever they like to be called today) are to be held up as a shining example to our children, are never, ever wrong about anything, and the rest of us must bend over backwards (or, indeed, forwards) not to offend their particularly delicate feelings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can sympathise with both parties in this case, but by the same token, I think both parties have acted like childish *****.

• Like Like x 14
  5. It's bollocks that they're getting money for 'hurt feelings', but I myst say, unless they tipped up in BDSM gear, the B&B owner is wrong to refuse entry because they are gay. Would he have refused entry to a young unmarried couple to, or Jews?

6. A travesty of justice ! If I owned a b n b id have a big sign ourside the front. No Gays, No Lezbos and no attention seeking fckers with nut allergies, gluten issues or vegetarians.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I miss the free market. The joke is that when you have a situation in which people are compelled to serve anyone regardless of race, religion sexuality etc. you don't actually challenge the attitudes. The great thing about free speech is that you know who the nobs are. A person should be allowed to refuse to serve anyone they so wish and put up a sign saying 'No dogs, no blacks & no irish'. Let's see how long they stay in business. Now they just really hate homosexuals all the more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I wonder if a muslin B&B owner would serve me my essential bacon sarnie for breakfast , I`d be offended if not.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Yeah, but the Christians started it.

10. No they didn't, it was the Germans, they started it!

11. Who gives a flying **** if the B&B owners were offended? There's a law that says you can't discriminate against people for being gay, they broke it.

12. In the good old days..........

[​IMG]

13. Thing is, the B&B did not refuse to let them stay, just refused to give them a double room. So they could have stayed there, but of course because they were gay and played the discrimination card all this was blown out of proportion. I see they have also said that they say that legal action may not be over, so they appear to not be satisfied with winning and want more. If I owned a B&B and saw them coming, I would suddenly be full.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I wonder does the Christian Institute have a position on Morecambe and Wise?

morecambe_and_wise.jpg

15. Is there not a law that allows the B&B owners right to refuse? Would you say the same if a stinking dirty tramp, or a fella dressed as a NAZI, a gypsy etc went to stay there?

• Like Like x 1